1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does it make a difference how you design your day?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jan 12, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But I don't really love my neighbor either. I mean I'm glad if I don't become annoyed of people. :(

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

...and you know this, which is the first step in growing out of it.

Look, xdx, you aren't going to do everything perfectly. That's why Christianity is a journey. Cut yourself some slack.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

X, I though we had this thing settled. :tongue3:

Yes, you can pray "God help me", or just "I love You". As far as walking in the Spirit and your day being boring, walking in the Spirit means thinking and acting like a Christian. It's about staying in the right "frame of mind", having a good attitude, being Christ-like in our thoughts and behaviors and relying on the Spirit to leads us.
    Well, not being annoyed is a good start!:laugh: But, loving your neighbor isn't about how we feel, it's about what we do. If you saw your neighbor fall, you would help him up and make sure he was alright. You might not even like this person, but loving them is what we do not what we feel.

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But I simply don't have this. I'm not like Jesus and I certainly am not able to love or not get angry at my "enemies". If I imagine for example being attacked by muslim terrorists then I wouldn't be able to love them or to turn the other cheek. It simply wouldn't work. I simply don't have this meekness which christians always have in movies. They know their enemies are coming to kill them but instead of fighting they simply stand there with a gentle expression on their face.

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

They do that because it's in the script that way.

We real people have very differing emotions.

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But Jesus also wasn't angry at the soldiers when they came to get him.

7. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Relax Mr. xdisciplex. You wrestle with your own thoughts too much. As a Christian you ARE a work in progress. God is the architect. If you will trust him you won't have to work to progress. A Christian doesn't have to "work" to walk with him. He directs your path. He chooses the way. You have to rest in him. Don't make it so difficult. Did you ever answer my question about where you live and about your family?

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But does this mean that I shall simply "relax" and not worry about my shortcomings anymore and simply rely on God to miraculously change me? :confused:
    But I notice no change. This is frustrating.

I live in Germany as you can see on the right side directly above the number of my posts.
    My family isn't christian.

9. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Sir, I think it is because you get frustrated or even angry while resting in him. In other words, you stop resting. Since he will never leave you or forsake you, what profit is there in worrying about it? That is the opposite of resting in him.

My question was as to where in Germany and as to your family. I wanted to know if you are an adult or if you are a minor. I was concerned that if you were young perhaps you needed parental oversight in this forum. I was somewhat taken aback by some of your questions and the number of persons offering advice. I was wondering if help is available for you in a local church or some other group including your family. I apologize for not making myself clear.