1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

does medicare pay for abortions

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ray Marshall, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Here is something to research. Either medicare or medicade.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Medicare is a federal program and is primarily healthcare for the elderly. Some women who are disabled may be eligible at an earlier age, however. I do not know for certain, but I would not be surprised if medicare covered abortions for younger disabled women, especially if there were health concerns for the mother (a younger woman would have to be disabled somehow to be on medicare anyway).

Medicaid is state-run health care for low-income children...normally just for children...though women who are pregnant can qualify for medicaid while they are pregnant...and some adults who are disabled can qualify for medicaid.

Coverage with medicaid will vary state to state. Some states may cover abortions, some may not. Many states have laws against tax payer funded abortions.

Since abortions are recognized as legitimate medical procedures, I will not be surprised if they are covered by medicaid in some states.

peace to you:praying:

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

Actually, you can have either program if you are disabled (temp or perm, depending on the injury) be ye male OR female.

I was 21 when a drunk driver hit me head on at a rate of speed equal to 70 mph. I was disabled and on both within a few months and can reapply at any time for both again. I am disabled but I choose to work, so as long as I am working I don't have to be on them.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

From my understanding, under the Hyde Amendment, Medicaid will pay for abortions due to rape or incest or for the life of the mother only.