1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does the RCC have any boundaries?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, Mary had to be sinless to conceive Jesus of her flesh.

No. All the ancient churches unanimously held that Mary remained a virgin. Even the first reformers.

Mary did not rebel against God’s plan as Eve did, she was perfectly united with Christ and His Sacrifice.

I know. Just as only Adam could sin and fall, only Jesus could redeem, but Eve and Mary were instrumental in these cases.

I think you are in for a shock.

In the creation story Eve proceeded from Adam, in the Redemption story the new Adam,Jesus, proceeded from the new Eve, Mary. The reversal of the creation and fall story.

Jesus was flesh of Mary’s flesh, and that sinless flesh suffered for our Salvation.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, scripture tells us Jesus had 4 brothers and “sisters”, which means Mary had at least 6 other children.

No, Mary did not have to be “sinless” to give birth to Jesus.

No where in scripture does it say Jesus was “flesh of Mary’s flesh”. It isn’t there.

I’ll believe scripture, thank you

BTW… your Pope’s statement that priests can “bless” same s:x couples is shameful and give the enemies of God great occasion to blaspheme. He should resign in shame and be sentenced to a life of prayer and penance as punishment for this grievous error.

peace to you​

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe Pope Frank is confused… being 87 yo and all! Sound familiar :Wink

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, Mary had to be sinless to conceive Jesus of her flesh.

No. All the ancient churches unanimously held that Mary remained a virgin. Even the first reformers.

Mary did not rebel against God’s plan as Eve did, she was perfectly united with Christ and His Sacrifice.

I know. Just as only Adam could sin and fall, only Jesus could redeem, but Eve and Mary were instrumental in these cases.

I know you are in for a shock.

In the Genesis story Eve proceeded from Adam, in the Redemption story the new Adam,Jesus, proceeded from the new Eve, Mary. The reversal of the creation and fall story.

Jesus was flesh of Mary’s flesh and only Mary’s flesh. Jesus was entirely Mary’s seed.

“ I will put enmity between you and the woman, between your seed (Adam and Eve )and her seed Jesus.”

I’m obviously not talking about intimate relations within marriage.

I’m talking about the completely unique circumstance that Jesus received His humanity entirely from Mary’s sinless flesh.

The enmity God put between Satan and the Woman Mary was Mary’s sinlessness, she was not under Satan’s dominion by sin, she was sinless and could conceive the Saviour that could Redeem the world from Satan’s dominion.

5. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wrong, even Luther and Calvin believed in Mary’s perpetual virginity along with Huldrych Zwingli, Thomas Cranmer, Wollebius, Bullinger, John Wycliffe and John Wesley.
    Also all the ancient Churches unanimously believed in Mary’s perpetual virginity, even in schism against each other, they always held to Mary’s perpetual virginity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mary had to be sinless to conceive Jesus.

Yes it is. “ You will conceive and bear a son “ Mary conceived.

Which fulfils God’s promise in Genesis.

“ I will put enmity between you and the women, between your seed ( Adam and Eve ) and her seed “ Jesus.

Jesus is Mary’s seed. Jesus was conceived of Mary’s sinless flesh.

Believe the scripture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To speak of inteligence it's necessary first of all to have intelignece, understand? You are an idolater and a worshipper of defuncts beatified by the Popes, so where is your intelligence knowing that "an idolater has not any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of GOD? Ephesians 5:5.

Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is intelligence. Blind,

8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 13:55-57 lists the four brothers of Jesus and mentions His “sisters”.

That makes at least six children of Mary and Joseph after Jesus was born.

Believe the scriptures!!! As you say.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They were Jesus cousins, cousins were also called brothers and sisters in that culture.
    Luther and Calvin knew this.

• “Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s ‘brothers’ are sometimes mentioned.” (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, on Matthew 13:55)
    • “Under the word ‘brethren’ the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity.” (Commentary on John 7:3) John Calvin.
    Calvin puts it down to ignorance.

#169 Cathode, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvin was a Catholic priest indoctrinated into RCC doctrine concerning Mary.

He’s wrong. So is every Catholic that believes Mary was a perpetual virgin.

She had at least six other children with her husband, which is clear from scripture that says Joseph kept her a virgin “until” after Jesus was born.

Even if she remained a virgin (she didnt) that wouldn’t change the truth she was not born sinless, she is not a “co-redemptor with Jesus, and praying to her is a waste of time and robs Jesus of His proper, scriptural role as the one and only advocate between God and man

If it were possible to weep in heaven, I suspect Mary weeps every time Catholics focus on her instead of Jesus. As do all the saints.

peace to you

11. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Calvin answers.

• “The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband. ... No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words … as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called ‘first-born’; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin. ... What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us. ... No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation.” (Harmony on Matthew 1:25)
    Calvin diagnosed those who present these arguments as excessively ignorant, and obstinate and having extreme fondness for disputation.

Reality is that Mary was conceived sinless, so that Jesus could be conceived sinless.

Reading too much Jack Chick recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And yours is from a false prophetess, Ellen White. And, there is nothing demonic about me. I am a child of God and washed in the Blood of the Lamb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that God has children in every religious group and possibly untold numbers not belonging to any religious group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All that matters is Cathode's relationship with the Lord. Are you saying that Cathode is not a Christian? Sounds like it. By accusing Cathode (and I'm sure myself) of being an idolater and worshipper of anything than Christ Jesus you are in violation of the boards rules. To say we are absent of intelligence is rich considering you are the one that is incapable of posting anything but cut & paste SDA nonsense.

Most of the contributors to this board are Christ like in their postings without venom and rancor. I'm surprised you are still allowed to post here.

Jesus loves you anyway!

15. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I generally don't post articles about doctrine but I would be interested in your response to the following. I think it makes an excellent 'case for Mary's perpetual virginity' and it is not lengthy:

The Case for Mary's Perpetual Virginity

#175 Walter, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  16. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you, brother. I appreciate you! You have taught me much over the years on this forum and been an excellent model of how to present opposing opinions here without being offensive.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Thumbsup

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Walter, I have two small grandchildren and so my minds eye always recalls them at play … especially when I tend to get rank & disrespectful toward others (Christian and non-Christian alike). How would I want to be treated I ask myself and how do I want my grandchildren to view me. Most importantly, how do I want my Lord to view me. Now I’m not there yet but I can at least admit it and try harder next time. God forgive me for my shortness and stinking thinking, especially when Lord you’re the model for love & patience.

19. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, Ellen White is a false prophetess, you are right, and the testimony you give of yourself also is false too.
    But the Son of GOD was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the Devil-1John3:8.

20. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I said the truth to Cathode, I said he is a worshipper of defuncts beatified by the Popes, this is true, for examples, madre Teresa, and Fátima, among countless others defuncts, but not to condemn him but to help him be free of the satanic idolatries, knowing that "an idolater has not any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of GOD. Ephesians 5:5.

Because of that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as GOD, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened, professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible GOD into an IMAGE made like to corruptible man(and of woman too), ... So GOD also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves, who changed the truth of GOD into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    For this cause GOD gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature, and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Thus GOD gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient, being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of GOD, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful, Who knowing the Judgment of GOD, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The idolaters, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burnS with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.Revelation 21:8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.