1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does your nativity scene tell the truth?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by J.D., Dec 13, 2007.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

To protect the life of your countrymen? I would say no.

I would even venture to say that if someone broke into my house, and I told the intruder I live alone to save the lives of my wife and children, that would not be considered sin either.

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

That got a chuckle out of me! Now come over here and clean this hot cocoa up that I spewed all over my keyboard! :laugh:

Mine are three feet tall, but I'm sure the real ones didn't have lightbulbs in their tummys, so I guess mine is a lie too. :rolleyes:

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The nativity sits awful still. Somehow, it just doesn't seem right.

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Maybe you're not doing it correctly. Stare a little harder

5. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

FYI - Many Baptist Pastors and members of their churches in Mexico don´t have crosses or nativity scenes in their churches or homes. These are considered purely catholic symbols.

I grew up with a nativity scene on the top shelf of the bookshelf and the wisemen three shelves down. I have kept this tradition in my home also but my children (even my 25 year old) like to move them up to the stable and wait to see how long it takes me to move them back down!

I´ve been waiting to catch a "W" on the Pet Peez post so I can list the wisemen in the stable! :smilewinkgrin: