1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

don't want a Christian nation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by billwald, Aug 2, 2005.

1. OCC

OCC Guest

Yes, you are absolutely correct. So to say that there is a wall of separation between church and state is incorrect.

KJ, sorry for your loss.

The Ten Commandments were authored by God and given to the Nation of Israel (which includes Jews - tribe of Judah) and are the basis upon which our Judeo-Christian nation was founded.

I might also point out that people used to be put in stocks for committing adultery (one of the 10 commandments) in the middle of town square. Nowadays, though, there aren't big enough town squares to contain all the adulterers being placed in stocks. :eek:
    </font>[/QUOTE]thank you LE. Yes, I'm familiar with the basis upon which your nation was founded. They are the foundation for many nations' laws I believe. But I still believe they're not Christian per se. They were given to Israel and spread out to the world...all mankind. Because of that, they cannot be Christian. Not all people are Christian.

2. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Of course he's faring okay...selling his lapel pin version of the ten commandments for $24.95!!!!

Along with Ten Commandments:

yard signs, auto tags, bumper stickers, car magnets, coins, tshirts, etc....... :eek:
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh brother!

3. OCC

OCC Guest

No "oh brother!". I actually want to know if this is true...

4. mioque

mioque New Member

Scott J
    "I have a very good idea that it wouldn't be a government dominated by Bible-believing fundamentalists... who of course would never use force of government to force anyone to accept a set of religious beliefs. "
    "
    Was this sarcasm? If it was. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Check it out! &lt;-- Linkie

Yes, although I'm not sure how much of the proceeds go to Moore.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course he's faring okay...selling his lapel pin version of the ten commandments for $24.95!!!!

Along with Ten Commandments:

yard signs, auto tags, bumper stickers, car magnets, coins, tshirts, etc....... :eek:
    </font>[/QUOTE]Guy's gotta make a living somehow.

Probably not many openings for judges fired for ignoring a court order.
    ;)

7. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

Here's another one for you King James, to get all that have to have merchandise before the rapture:
    Ten Commandments Merchandise

As we say in the South..."Got to love those Yankees and Church Folk, they're easier to pick than cotton"!!!! [​IMG]

8. billwald

billwald New Member

Christians had pragmatic control of the western hemisphere for over 350 years. Did we evangelize the locals? No, we raped, pilliaged, robbed them.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

If only people would put as much energy and time into witnessing to neighbors or co-workers, or sending Bibles, or giving to missions, as they do on this 10 commandments business.

Emphasizing the 10 commandments like this by christians only misleads others further into thinking that we live and get to heaven by obeying rules.

10. OCC

OCC Guest

Cha-ching!! We have a winner folks! That is completely and utterly TRUE! Great point!

Thanks for the link rockrambler. will check it out