1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Jack Hyles , hero or what?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Plain Old Bill, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Dr. Jack Hyles was/is a hero in IFBB circles.I have recently read shocking material that calls that into question. Is there anybody out there with any first hand information either way?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    People who see him as a cult "hero" in the pseudo-ifb movement will opt not to believe or even examine any of the copious mounds of evidence of his aberrent theology, pop-psychology methods, and personal/family moral failures.

The rest of us, the majority of historic ifb'ers, simply see him as a strong leader whose words and ways are being imitated still, even after his death.

He and his movement will slowly drift into oblivion.

Hopefully

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Hitler could motivate millions by his speech also. Am I comparing Hilter to Hyles? Of course not. Christians knew not to follow Hitler.

4. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

Hyles taught a heretical view of salvation called "easy believism". He is no hero or leader.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

There is a WIDE spectrum of views about him. He has been discussed at lenght even the short time I am here. I would suggest a search of the BB with his name.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I would suggest going over to the Fightin' Fundamentalists message board and checking out the Hyles-Anderson College forum for more info.

Suffice to say, we should never place men on a pedestal, because we only get disappointed.

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

As I said in another discussion back on January 8th:

I disagreed with many things Jack Hyles preached; however, I never heard anything said that would make me think he was a heretic. [Bear in mind that my impression was based on what I heard him say in the pulpit at my church.]