1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Roy O. Beaman SBC Theologian

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello to all:

I know it may be obscurantist, but I would like to see if anyone here knows of, heard of, studied with, or has come under the influence of Dr. Roy O. Beaman? He was one of the "founding four" of Mid America Baptist Theological Seminary along with Dr. B. Gray Allison. :praying:

He also was long time prof of ancient languages at New Orleans Baptist Seminary.

I will probably not get many hits on this question, but then again, one never knows.

"That is all!" :smilewinkgrin:

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I have not.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Since I am from Paducah, Kentucky, I have certainly heard of Dr. Beaman, since he pastored West End Baptist Church here many years ago.

And since my own pastor is a Mid-America Seminary grad and studied under Dr. Beaman, you can also imagine that I have heard from him about Dr. B. I sense that my pastor was really an admirer and disciple, more than just a student.

I have read a few things by Dr. Beaman, and have found him biblically sound and Baptistically orthodox.

4. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was at MABTS when I was there in the mid-late 80s