1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Draw all men to myself

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Nov 8, 2006.

1. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Doesn't surprise me.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why didn't you highlight the most imortant part..."...together with Christ"? THAT'S how we are made alive!

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What doesn't surprise you, the fact that centuries worth of Spirit filled believers...those you call "intellectually dishonest" don't see it the way you do, which is the minority view, I might add? You reek of arrogance.

4. reformedbeliever

I have no problem with that. Bro bob wanted to know how our old nature is put to death and the new nature is made alive. Go back and read the thread.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have, and that's not what I saw him asking. Maybe he will clarify.

6. reformedbeliever

Like Pelagius?

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No, I said show me scripture saying God changes our nature so we believe?

8. reformedbeliever

And I provided it.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now who isn't being intellectually honest?

10. reformedbeliever

He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on listening, but do not perceive; Keep on looking, but do not understand.'

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No you did not.

12. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I told you I am not a scholar, yet you seem to want to hold me to some high standard. I was just trying to have a friendly discussion. But, I don't think I like your attitude toward me. I have not claimed to be an expert. I have always told people on here that I consider myself a student. I have been able to have friendly discussions with many a calvinist on here that are way smarter than I am. You are not the first. So, from now on I will not respond to your posts. Since you are not aware that my statements are equally questions, and I have no idea what exegesis is. (I will look it up)

BTW: Yes, I like what Allan posted on Romans 5:19. No, I don't think I want to take another crack at it. You win.

13. reformedbeliever

I think it is easy to misinterpret what people say in this medium. We can not see facial expressions, voice inflection we can not hear. I know that maybe a lot of people come across as mean.... but I hope that is not what is intended.

14. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Okay, RB, thanks.

However, until I become an exegete, I will refrain from discussion with Tom. I think the scriptures speak for themselves, but like most scholars, Tom thinks they are meaningless without exegesis.

The free gift of God is Christ's righteousness which leads to eternal life. That is why babies don't go to hell. That is why Morons and others who have not the capacity to accept or reject the finished work of Jesus Christ will not be condemned.

15. reformedbeliever

You think I have a chance brother? :laugh:

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You be in the front of the line. :laugh:

17. reformedbeliever

:applause: You da bad boy bob. :godisgood:

18. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Blammo said:
    I told you I am not a scholar, yet you seem to want to hold me to some high standard. I was just trying to have a friendly discussion. But, I don't think I like your attitude toward me. I have not claimed to be an expert. I have always told people on here that I consider myself a student. I have been able to have friendly discussions with many a calvinist on here that are way smarter than I am. You are not the first. So, from now on I will not respond to your posts. Since you are not aware that my statements are equally questions, and I have no idea what exegesis is. (I will look it up)

Blammo, please accept my apology. I was not aware that I had offended you. I, too, am a learner and in no way a bible scholar. That's the reason I had asked for an exegesis of the passage, to clear up some difficulties with it. You volunteered to take a crack at it, so I assumed that was what you were going to do.

When you didn't, twice, I assumed two things. You didn't want to exegete, or you didn't know how. As I re-read my reference to Allan's exegesis I can see it was tinged with sarcasm, and that's not normally my style. So you are due an apology from me. I also just finished a healthy helping of humble pie.

Reformed Believer, I appreciate your coming to my defense, but I had it coming.

19. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Well, if that is the case, you don't owe me an apology at all, sir. Your assumption was correct. I do not know how to exegete, I did not even know the meaning of the word until this morning. And, based on your correct assumption, you're reply to me spot on, it only seemed out of line because I didn't know what the *bleep* I was talking about.

My assumption that you were being sarcastic and rude to me was WAY out of line, and I owe you an apology. I am sorry about that, Tom, I was a bit defensive and it was uncalled for.

20. reformedbeliever

Can you share some of that pie with me? I need a big slice of it. :thumbsup: