1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dubya and Me

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Actually Crabby comes off as having a well thought out opinion on the subject and his responses are articulate and thoughtful. You just come off as being a jerk.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt, thanks for your kind words. I try to think through a situation before coming to a conclusion. I try not to form opinion from my emotions or from "this is the way I want it to be".

I thought the essay gave a very interesting picture of Bush from the perspective of a friend. The essay reinforced my opinion that he would be a fun fellow to be around and that, as I said, he was given bad advice by advisers. This belief of bad advice was strengthened in the article reviewing Cheney's recently published book. The review was in Time magazine and does give Cheney quotes. Sadly, Time has joined the growing number of publications that charge to see past articles unless you are a print subscriber.

I would like to know if "M" ever read the essay.

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

The article was excellent. Thanks so much for sharing it.

I often read what you have to say CTB, and I don't always agree with you. BUT I like reading opposing views for the information they provide.

I'm unclear as to why the topic has moved from GWB to Crabtownboy. The article presented a great picture of GWB as a person.

What if Bush did take bad advise to heart at times? That doesn't make him stupid and I didn't get the impression that CTB thought it did. He holds a different political philosophy. I did not always agree with Bush's actions. I rarely agree with Obama's. I think he is the victim of bad advise. Stating that in no way means that I think he is too stupid to discern good from bad advise. We merely have different political philosophies.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, if we read only viewpoints that we already agree with there is no room to gaining a greater understanding of the subject.

I believe it is because some have decided to attack me rather than to look into this article or others, or take what I say as I say it. Rather they try to read into it something that they can use to attack. It is OK, I simply consider the source. I do find it both interesting, amusing and frustrating that some ask questions but refuse to answer even simple one.

For instance, on questions, I ask one individual numerous times if he/she had read the essay. This is a very simple question. Yet I have not received an answer, only caustic replies.

I do not believe Bush is stupid. I believe he really meant to be a compassionate conservative when he took office. However, this did not please Cheney at all and unfortunately GB did, IMHO, change directions and compassion disappeared.

Yes, we probably do have differing political philosophies. But that is fine. That is what discussion is all about. There is no reason people cannot disagree but remain respectful and civil. This can be difficult at times.

#24 Crabtownboy, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011