1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earth before Sun, moon & stars

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by GODzThunder, Aug 5, 2004.

1. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

As I have been stydying the book of Genesis, something new came to my attention that I did not notice before. God created the light on the first day (keep this in mind, light came first). then the heavens and waters were created on the second day. THEN on the third day, the earth was created along with the sea. On the fourth day the sun moon and stars were created.

Does this reveal that the earth came before the sun, moon, and stars? Does this teach that the light came before the sun which supplies our light? does this say the earth came first and then came the universe that the earth is only a small speck in?

2. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The earth was created on the first day. On the third day, God gathered the waters with which the earth had been covered and made dry land appear. Yes, the earth came before the sun, moon adn stars - on the third day, the rest of the heavenly bodies were created and placed around the earth. Yes there was light before the sun.

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, I recommend the book "The Genesis Question" by Hugh Ross. Very interesting book for non-scientist like myself.