1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Easter Food!

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Gina B, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm looking for ideas here! Something simple, easy to make (yeah, I know that's not me, I'm not right in the head lately, hehehe) and delicious!

Since I usually make everything from scratch, I'm not used to this sort of cooking but it will be a great idea to keep it simple this year!

Also, Spring weather out here isn't exactly toasty. It WILL be the warmest I've ever known it out here...high of 39 and low of 20, but I think it still calls for warmer foods.

The only idea I have so far is to make butternut squash soup as part of it. What else do you suggest? I'd actually be perfectly happy with just that, but the girls will probably want something a bit more traditional in addition.

2. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

How about some type of bread to go with the soup? Maybe hot cross buns? That's a traditional Easter food. I cheat and use the frozen dough that is already shaped into balls. I just pop them into muffin tins, let them thaw and rise, and cut a cross in the top and bake. Easy.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That sounds really good Gwen, and very easy!
    We're going to the store in a bit, so maybe while walking around I'll come up with some other ideas. :flower:

4. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love to eat, so any Easter meal works for me! :laugh:

Weather permitting, we hope to grill out ... probably chicken and fish fillets. Our family is ever growing and have a hard time fitting at my parent's house. But we'll make it work! :thumbs:

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

We ended up not being home for dinner, so it worked out just fine. HA! It was a blast...and plenty of leftovers.

I guess I'll cook next Easter! Should we start planning now or later? :laugh: