1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Easter Services Blessings

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LarryN, Apr 12, 2004.

1. LarryN

LarryN New Member

Let's hear about each other's Easter services!

I'll start the ball rolling:

Yesterday A.M. we had services at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00. Lots of visitors in attendance. I was present in all 3 services, and based on our Worship Center's capacity (and including the nursery totals), I'd estimate around 3,300-3,500 attended in total (our weekly average is about 2,200-2,400). My pastor preached a strong message, and I know many salvation decisions were made!

Now we have to follow up with the many visitors who filled-out "Welcome" cards & placed them in the offering plate- it's always a great outreach opportunity!

I just especially feel like praising God for His blessings, yesterday & always!

O.K., now it's your turn.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

We had a great time of worship. The pastor preached on Jesus in the garden. We have a youth stick ministry(don't ask, none of us know how to explain what that is), they enacted the arrest and so forth(very basic, nothing fancy, just a few action and some speaking), and then did the stick thing(again don't ask) and it was too the song Arise (about the resurection) it was beautiful, I always cry. It was wonderful.

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We had a great day, too. It started with Sunrise service and breakfast following. Then the choir did an awesome cantata (especially for a chountry church) complete with drama and costumes during the morning worship time. It only lasted 35 minutes, so dear hubby got to get a few words in from the pulpit too. I was very moved.