1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ecclesiastical Authority

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Bob Krajcik, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Finally, one of the brethren have given definitive evidence! Amen!

Ps 47:1-9

2. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

That answer puts to rest the question.

3. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

God will accomplish what He has said, the decree of God is sure, and it matters not what any particular men have done.

4. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church that Jesus is building--

Cannot be found by looking in the "yellow pages". They will probably not be found in the "religion" column of the newspaper.

One must look for a "faith and practice"--Jude 3; she is not identified by a name necessarily.

In secular history, look for the ones who refused to baptize their infants--they were some of the most persecuted-- "Christians" killed by "Christians"?

Do not look to Rome nor her daughters--they persecuted the true believers--whatever they were called. Most of their names were that of derision by their enemies. "Christian" was not coined by their friends. The Jews called them: "that way".

Jesus calls them His Bride. She awaits Him--undefiled.

Praise the Lord--He is faithful.

Selah,

Bro. James

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless we are going to be playing a game of Roman poker, much of this discussion is moot. My church's authority for existing has nothing to do with tracing her lineage back to First Baptist of Jerusalem (and I for one am of the opinion she was FBC of Jerusalem, not First Method. or First Presby).

6. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

I tend to agree with you. As every born again person has the Spirit within (John 14:17; 16:13; 17:23; Rom 8:9; 1Cor 3:16; 6:19; 1Joh 3:24; 4:13,16), when they are come together in the name of the Lord they are builded together an habitation of God (Eph 2:22; 1Pet 2:5; Matt 18:20). This is where I do not think it needful to seek men’s permission for the Lord to dwell among His people. His people have the Spirit within, and God is able to have His way. All this said, actually, I think a church would be well served would it adapt some modified landmark tenets, and certainly the distinctives used by Baptists. The church that is here today is the same as what was founded at the beginning (Mt 16.18; Mt 28:20; Eph 3:21).

7. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church today--

Is certainly distinctive, has certain recognizable landmarks, and has one very necessary distinction: the indwelling of The Spirit, The Holy, the Third Person of the Trinity-- Who came and indwelled the first assembly on the Day of Pentecost and continues to indwell New Testament assemblies.

Yes, Jesus sent another Comforter--who indwells the assembly. "Where ever two or three of you are gathered in My Name, there am I in the midst".

Only those assemblies which Jesus "authorized" are indwelled by The Holy Spirit. All others are "unauthorized assemblies".

Those "born again" of the Spirit have the Spirit of God quickened--this is not the same manifestation of Spirit that immersed the first assembly on the day of Pentecost.

The Church is not universal--visible or invisible. She is local, local, local--since day one.

Selah,

Bro. James