1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Egypt’s Sisi: Islamic “Thinking” Is “Antagonizing the Entire World”

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking before Al-Azhar and the Awqaf Ministry on New Year’s Day, 2015, and in connection to Prophet Muhammad’s upcoming birthday, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, a vocal supporter for a renewed vision of Islam, made what must be his most forceful and impassioned plea to date on the subject.

Sisi during his New Year’s Day speech before Al Azhar
    Among other things, Sisi said that the “corpus of [Islamic] texts and ideas that we have sacralized over the years” are “antagonizing the entire world”; that it is not “possible that 1.6 billion people [reference to the world’s Muslims] should want to kill the rest of the world’s inhabitants—that is 7 billion—so that they themselves may live”; and that Egypt (or the Islamic world in its entirety) “is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost—and it is being lost by our own hands.”

http://www.raymondibrahim.com/from-...ic-thinking-is-antagonizing-the-entire-world/

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder how long he will live after saying this. I'm sure some militant will consider this a slam on Muhammad (bacon grease be upon him).

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More of them need to say it.