1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eight Wasted Years

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Margaret Thatcher used to talk about the “ratchet effect.” When the Left gets power, she said, they drive everything Left; when the Right gets power, they slow the Leftward drive, perhaps even halt it for a spell; but nothing ever gets moved to the Right. U.S. politics in the 21st century so far bears out this dismal analysis. What does the Right have to show for eight years of a Republican presidency? I supported George W. Bush in 2000 because I thought he had a conservative bone in his body somewhere.
    I supported him in 2004 because I thought him the lesser of two evils. At this point, I wouldn’t let the fool park his car in my driveway. Bruce Bartlett was right, every [snipped] word.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ODYwOTEyZTQyMzc2ZGMwYmEwMTRmN2VjN2I1YTE0M2E=

#1 Ps104_33, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008