1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Election before believing !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The scripture sets forth that the elect are elect before they believe and obtain Salvation 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Many today deny this Truth and tell us one isnt elect until after they believe, thats false.

This Blessed Truth coincides with the fact that the Sheep of Christ are His Sheep before they believe Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Notice Jesus uses the present tense " other Sheep I have" but He uses the future tense "they shall hear my voice"

Christs Sheep and the elect of God are One.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another scripture text that shows election before believing Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

They were of the election of grace before they obtained Salvation, in fact thats why they obtained it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also notice in Rom 11:7 only the election obtains Salvation, and the rest of mankind as it was for the rest of natural israel, are blinded by God, they will never obtain salvation, that speaks to limited atonement as well.

Are blinded is in the aorist tense passive voice, they received the action, and the word means:

, to grow hard or callous, become dull, lose the power of understanding

Jn 12:39-40

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

This is a irreversible situation.

• Like Like x 1