1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Email from Obama on stem cell research

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That may be only for reproductive purposes. If the clone were not allowed to differentiate, fetusize, but became solely skin or only a mass of brain tissue, then that, I believe, is allowed.

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Both of them sound inhumane, immoral and disgusting to me.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

And herein lies the rub: we don't know how, when, or if God embodies souls (I say it that way because we are not people with souls, we are souls with bodies); to insist that "cloned" embroyos are somehow less sacrosanct than those mass-produced by "natural" means through fertility clinics is a dangerous path to go down.

Remember that we white folk used to think that African Americans had no soul because it was easier for us to justify enslaving them.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen, a banner day - tragic_pizza and I agree on something! :applause:

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

The philosopher Schopenhauer argued that women had no souls and were not fully human.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

He must have been a Southern Baptist.

:laugh:

7. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

The ballot summary of "Ammendment 2" was so different from the ammendment itself, that it may wind up being overturned.

However, the process in the ammendment is the same as that used to clain Dolly the sheep, so in our state, not only is human clonign legal, by law, our taxes must fund it.

All of this hinges on the fact that the embryo is not placed in a human. In other words, it must be terminated...or who knows, does a loop hole exist to incubate it artificailly?

Either way, its a strange step of approving both clonning of life and termination of life for a theory, that despite billions already spend in research, has yet to prove any benefit.

8. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Then I assume you would support making In Vietro fertilization illegal. Granted, it allows couples who otherwise could not have children to have them. However, it results in "surplus" embryos that are either discarded or left in a frozen state indefinitely until they die. Sounds like murder to me.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

You are correct that I don't agree with "surplus embryos."

10. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

I am not in favor of surplus embryos. The benefit to infertile couples does not make it any less wrong.

Personally, I can't help to think that with all the "surplus" children in the world, there are plenty of options for infertile couples to be parents.

My wife an I are unable to have biological children. That doesn't give me any greater license to choose life and death. That is still up to God.