1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emergency Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Friend of God, May 27, 2010.

1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please pray for Brenda and I and London [2 1/2 yr. old we are seeking guardianship of, who lives with us].

London's biological Mother, who wanted us to have guardianship of London because she [Mother] has mental health issues and knows she is unable to raise her daughter, wants to pick up London for the weekend, but here's the catch: Mother's boyfriend who she lives with is a 3-time convicted Child S** Offender with convictions for harming children under the age of 13, and naturally he wants London there for the weekend.

Mother just got done with a very profane phone conversation with us in which the boyfriend felt inclined to join in. I finally just told them that I was getting an Attorney and we would fight to prevent London from being anywhere near the boyfriend.

Please pray for us and that this matter is peaceably resolved. We are really concerned for London's safety if placed in this visitation situation.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Rob

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    praying here.....

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Definitely praying for you all Rob.

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying for you all!

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

London's safety is still on my mind. I pray for peaceful resolution that involves keeping this guy far away from her, and that her mom will somehow realize that putting London near him is wrong.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers.

8. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

It seems wrong that she should even be in this situation, so I just pray that God will help her to find a viable solution.

9. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

In my prayers as well.

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: in agreement with these other praying posters on behalf of London.
    In Jesus' name we ask. Amen.:praying::1_grouphug:

11. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank for your prayers everybody...they worked.

London's Mother dropped her request to have London spend the holiday weekend with her and her boyfriend, however; this request could come up again...and again, etc. Mother backed off fast when we told her we were bringing an Attorney into the matter if she didn't.

Mother is now anxious for us to get the last remaining piece of information needed to initiate the Guardianship process, which hopefully we will get next week, then the process can begin. The application papers are all signed by the Mother and us, next comes the investigation by the Probate Court, then hopefully approval by the Judge.

Your continued prayers are reqested for London and us during this complicated process. Thank You.

Rob

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Still praying for little London. I hope all is well in your work to keep her safe and happy!

13. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

So thankful! Praying!