1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

End of days

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Psalms11, Oct 5, 2010.

1. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Tonyhipps,
    You agree with Reformed Baptist that the "Papacy is the Antichrist":
    It seems to me the Papacy is part of the global network that Ten Kings will destroy by "fire in one hour" and
    then "God will put into their hearts to agree and to give their power and authority to the Beast (Antichrist) until the words of God are fulfilled".

I believe the Vatican will play an important role in uniting all Religions, Rulers and Realms in the global Network
    that negotiates and regulates a prosperous world economy for a "short time"! She (the City, Mystery Babylon,
    of Rev.17) should therefore "rule the kings of earth" before the Ten Kings destroy her!! They destroy her and
    she becomes the vassal of Antichrist for just 3.5 times at the "End of Days" which include his defeat by Christ at His second coming!!!
    Rev.17:12-18.
    Mel

2. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

You missed the last part of my statement; I'm an Amillennialist.
    1 John 2:18
    (18) Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.
    So yes I believe the office of the pope is an Antichrist, one of a number of Antichrists.

Everything else you wrote is dispensational so I obviously disagree with it.

#22 tonyhipps, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
  3. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

tonyhipps,

As an Amil, you must still believe in Christ's second coming to "destroy the
    beast" of Dan.7:25-27 after he "makes war against the saints for 3.5 times".
    The saints accompany Christ (the Lamb) when He comes to destroy the ten
    kings and the Beast. You don't need to be "dispensational" in viewpoint to
    make a decision on the number of days (1335) that will be "fulfilled after the
    end of 3.5 times"...even at the "end of days". Dan.12:4-13.
    Mel

4. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Friends,

I have been wondering if anyone has an opinion on why there is a "blessing
    for those who wait, beyond the end-time of 1290 days, until day #1335"!
    If the "end of time" in Dan.12:4 and Dan.12:9 is eschatologically connected
    with Christ's second coming to "destroy the Beast and take over rulership
    of all of earth's dominions", there is special significance to this "blessing"!!
    It is clearly stated that Daniel will rise up at the "end of time"; but there's
    something in the context that anticipates the "blessing" beyond the SC!!!

This reminds me of two of 7 "blessings" in Revelation coincident with the End!
    One concerns those "watching for Christ's coming" in context of Armageddon!!
    The 2nd includes those "invited to the Lamb's wedding supper" on the earth!!!
    Rev.16:15; Rev.19:7-11.
    Mel

#24 lastday, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
  5. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

Lastdays, first off I appreciate that this seems to be a discussion and not an argument.

Yes, I believe that when Christ returns that Satan will then be destroyed, as of now he is only bound. All of the Old Testament prophecies have already taken place. We are now only awaiting Christs return.

6. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

TonyHipps,
    You wrote:
    BTW, it's not Lastdays, but Lastday; because I believe the Day of Wrath lasts
    no more than 12 Hours and will occur at the "Feast of Tabernacles". Zech.14.

But my question to you: If "all of the Old Testament prophecies have already taken place", what is meant by Daniel's reference to an additional 72 days
    after the Two Prophets are killed on day #1260; then rise up to heaven in 3 days"? Since Jesus will "raise up all believers on the LASTDAY", there must be a reason for the 27 days to #1290; plus another 45 days to #1335! [1290-1260-3=27+45=72]. Rev.11:3-12; Dan.12:11-13.

We need to determine what is the "blessing for which men wait 72 more days after Christ comes with the Saints to give the Kingdoms of earth to the people of the Most High". The 3.5 times of Dan.7:25 and 12:7 end with the "Saints coming with the Son of Man to receive the Kingdoms on earth under the whole heaven and all the dominions shall serve and obey Him". Dan.7:27.
    At the dedication of the 2nd Temple (about 515 BC), the date given for the celebration under Zerubbabel was Kislev 24 which 350 years later would be the first day of the 8-Day Feast of Hanukkah. Haggai 2:18 gives us the day. But the word of the Lord came again to the prophet on Kislev 24 regarding the future when "He will shake heaven and earth, overthrow the throne of kingdoms and destroy Gentile powers"!! Hag.2:20-22.

While the Hanukkah Festival began 350 years later under Judas Macabeas, on Kislev 25, Christ had not already come with the Saints and the Gentile nations were not overcome. But when Christ comes with them to destroy the "beast and take the kingdoms of earth as His own" on Tishri 15/16, there will still be 72 days until Kislev 25-26 for the Dedication of the Millennial Temple and institution of the rule of Zerubbabel (per the "signet ring" typology of Hag.2:23 and final purification of God's people at the "end of time...end of days"; Dan.12:7-10; Zech.13:7 to 14:16)...there will still be 72 days to the week of celebration during the Festival of Hanakkuh. This is the final fulfillment of the promise to Zerubbabel in Hag.2:20-23 (and to Hosea in Hos.5:15 to 6:2 "after two days") for the rule of Israel over all nations with their Temple restored in Jerusalem forever!!!
    Mel

#26 lastday, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
  7. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

Mel, it seems like you've got it all figured out.

8. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

TonyHipps,

Since you were kind enough to not challenge me, let me ask why the angel might have specified the #1290.
    In speaking of those "days that would be cut short", Jesus may have added to the mystery; but Revelation puts the "flight into the desert" to which Jesus refers as lasting for 1260 days. That could mean two things, i.e., that 42-thirty-day months were involved and that an extra 30 days were included until the "end of time...but not until the "end of days"...thus allowing for the extension of 75 days to get 1335!

The "end of time" would be limited to the 42 months because John was told
    by the Mighty Angel that "time would be no longer (subject to delay) and
    God's mystery was finished (aorist ind; past tense) in the days whenever the 7th Trumpet is about (mellow) to sound". Rev.10:6-7.
    That is how I think the countdown of 42-30-day months ended with the killing of the Two Prophets and 3 days are left until the "Last Day" for Daniel's Resurrection!!

The parallel visions of Daniel's 1290 days and Revelation's 1260 days of the "swearing by the name of the One who created all things in heaven and earth", IMO, substantiates that the countdown was not only based on 30-day months; but that Prophetic weeks (360) and Solar weeks (365) are both involved in the final "7" times yet to be fulfilled. The 7x360 equals two
    42-30-day Prophetic months (1260+1260) nested within the 7x365 days for 85 Solar (30-day) months found in a period of 7 actual years (with 5 days lopped off) in the countdown to the End of Time!!!
    Mel

#28 lastday, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  9. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

Lastday - I can't answer that, maybe someone will come along who can.

#29 tonyhipps, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  10. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

TonyHipps,

The reference by Jesus to Daniel's "1290 endtime days" is very significant.
    These "days of the abomination" are central to "knowing the end is near".
    Daniel states the "knowledge of their meaning would increase at the end"!

We know, from within 69 sets of 7x360 Prophetic days (173,880), 68 sets
    of 7x365.25 Solar days (173,859) fulfilled Zech.9:9 on Palm Sunday, Nisan 9...so the crucifixion occurred 5 days "after that" to fulfill Dan.9:26a and Lev.23:5 on Friday, Nisan 14. This (173,859th day) was 21 days before the Prophetic days ended on Nisan 30/AD 33. The 69 sets of Seven were completely fulfilled 37 years before the armies of Titus fulfilled Dan.9:26b. Students who claim the 70th Seven was fulfilled in the first century ignore the obvious time-gap that still exists from AD 33 to the present time!!

Just as 21 Prophetic days were left over at the fulfillment of the 69th Seven on the Solar calendar, so 27 Solar days will be left over at the end of the Prophetic countdown. Christ appears 3 days after the end of 1260 Prophetic days of the 70th Seven on Wed., Tishri 12, in the year He comes to fulfill the "end of time, times and half a time". Here, I think, we have the "knowledge" promised to Daniel which reveals the 70th Seven will be fulfilled with 75 Solar days left over to the Dedication of the Temple during the Feast of Hanukkah, Kislev 25/26 at the "End of Days"!!!

I believe God intends for His people to know of and be prepared for the End.
    Mel

#30 lastday, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
  11. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Friends,

Those who are in the Amil or the Preterist camps fail to see the literal
    interpretation that applies to the two NATIONS of Ephraim and Judah.
    I feel they question the integrity and dependability of God's promise to
    literally again embrace Ephraim and Judah as His People. Since His word
    was fulfilled with Ephraim being disowned in 722 BC and Judah exiled in
    586 BC, they must also be restored as ONE Nation in the "last days".
    God will "relent" of His vengeance against them, "after 2 days (2000
    Years)...on the 3rd day". They will seek His forgiveness once again....on
    the single Day of His Wrath! Hosea 5:14 to 6:2; Luke 21:28,31; 34-36.

Isaiah, Hosea and Ezekiel predict these "two Houses" will be restored as
    "one stick" and be called His People for the "second time"!!

Israel has yet to realize they will be the receptors of a New Covenant
    under which "all men, from the least to the greatest, will know the Lord".
    Not only God's integrity but His faithfulness to them is at stake awaiting
    the "end of days" when all nations will come to Jerusalem to worship their Lord!!!
    Mel