1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

End times & Old Testament Saints

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by thebrain72, Mar 3, 2008.

1. thebrain72

thebrain72 New Member

I hope today finds everyone well.

I was wondering what are the varying thoughts in regards to the role/position of the Old Testament saints will be following the Rapture of the church, in the millenial kingdom, eternity, etc.

Any scriptural evidence/support would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks

2. skypair

skypair Active Member

Hi, brain! :wavey: Haven't seen you around (or, since I'm 61, maybe it's MY brain I haven't seen :laugh: ). Onward and upward!

I think the best waty to explain this is that there are 2 raptures to heaven and 2 resurrections left. First the pretrib rapture of the church only (1Thes 4:17, John 14:1-4, 1Cor 15:23, etal.).

Then the postrib resurrection of OT and trib saints to the earth (Job 19:25-27, Psa 50:3-5, Isa 26:19-21, Dan 12:2, etal.).

Then, at the end of the MK, the rapture of believers, Rev 20:11 ("earth and heaven fled away" is the appearance of one in the rapture). This one is necessary in order for the earth to be recreated without corruption so that GOD'S kingdom may come here (I can't emphasize this enough -- this prepares the earth for the "Thy kingdom come" we've all been praying for!).

There is a final resurrection of all the lost to the GWT, Rev 20:13.

skypair