1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Error Message / followed by another

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by dianetavegia, May 24, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I've got a brand new (3 months?) HP with Windows XP. Twice this week, while reading the local news, I've crashed and had a 'serious error'. I get the following error report. When I attempt to download the new driver I get a message from windows saying to continue will greatly harm my system. Any ideas?

Here's the message I get.
    Diane

Thank you for submitting an error report. The Online Crash Analysis service has processed and analyzed this report and has determined that this crash event was likely caused by:

ltmdmnt.sys (Lucent Win Modem)

ltmdmnt.sys (Lucent Win Modem) was produced by Agere Systems Inc.. An updated driver for your device is available that corrects known problems. Microsoft recommends that you install the new driver to improve the stability of your system.

To download the updated driver, see the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. The Microsoft Windows Update Web site only provides drivers for specific hardware types. If a new driver for your device is not listed on Windows Update, the updated driver may not be intended for your specific device. If an updated driver is not available on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, contact Agere Systems Inc. online at http://www.agere.com/support/.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you try to load the new driver, the message from Windows is that doing so will greatly harm the computer?

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That's what it said! Two days ago there were NO Driver (or any) updates on the Window UPdate Site. Today there were 16. I downloaded the two driver updates and one critical update so I'll see if that fixes this problem.

Weird, huh?

Diane