1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ETS Humor

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by Jerome, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a great time at the ETC lunch. I have seldom laughed harder than at the great time the participants were having. My wife has assumed, for the past 40 years or so, that I am utterly and completely insane. Now she has evidence to support her thesis.

Remind me to tell you how my wife and I, Dr. Robinson, and Abidan Shah got into my car at the Hyatt, drove to the lunch venue, and still got there after the people who walked! Did I mention San Antonio traffic is heavy and there is no such thing as a place to park? :D

I wish Peter's book were real. He has a great sense of humor. The book would by hilarious. :)

3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For a look at us, see http://evangelicaltextualcriticism....dated-max=2017-01-01T00:00:00Z&max-results=50

Scroll down to ETS 2016 Recap.

In the first picture, closest to the camera on the left is Dirk Jongkind of Tyndale House.

On the right side, second seat is, of course, Dr. Robinson, with Abidan Shah just beyond him.

I am on the left, standing up with my back to the camera. No, I was not walking out, but just taking off my suit coat and hanging it over the back of the chair as it was a bit hot in there. But at least Peter (the photographer) did get a good picture of my best side.

And just beyond me is my wife of over 40 years. She goes everywhere with me. I used to think it was because she was interested in the same things I am, but just lately I found out it is because she can't bring herself to kiss me goodbye. :D:D:D

The next picture is of (left to right) Dirk Jongkind, Dr. Robinson, and Peter Gurry.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This took me by surprise - When I saw ETS, I was thinking of the military ETS.

BTW, An ETS is loved by shortimers

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like a great time. Wish I could have been there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I won't be able to make the 2017 meeting (I'll be a bit busy this summer, mitral valve replacement, cardiac ablation, and a pacemaker).

But I am planning for the 2018 meeting in Denver. It would be great to see you there! :)

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If my son decides to go (still paying his doctorate off), I'll certainly go. He went to the last regional one. We'd have a great time!

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great! Hope to see you both! :)