1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EvangeCube and witnessing

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LorrieGrace, Nov 6, 2004.

1. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Today I went with a friend to her church to learn how to witness with an evangecube. Have any of yall heard of it? It is a really neat cube.

Anyway, we went out in a neighborhood to witness. When we would go to the house we would enquire about their faith, what do you believe, what do you think gets you to heaven, have you ever asked Jesus to be your Saviour, etc?

I was shocked. No one was rude to us, but their answers left me stunned. MOST of them thought they had to get their by works: obeying the 10 commandments, living a good life, helping others, and the like.

They listened to us and took the video about Jesus but said that they believed differently than we did. One told us he was Catholic. We tried to explain in heaven there is NO seperatation---Baptist will be there, so will anyone in any denomination that is born again. I don't get it. But it woke me up to the fact that we as born again believers have a HUGE outreach that needs to hear the gospel.

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A missionary friend of mine uses them in her work with women and children in Togo, West Africa. Since there are only pictures and the numbering order on the cube, the language of the person does not matter. When a child learns all of the Bible verses that go with each picture, she gives them one so they can share the Good News with their friends. Our VBS has given its offering to her to buy these for some time now.

As to folks' reaction, I remember finding the same thing when I was in college and went door-to-door with the Campus Crusade materials. The harvest is plentiful, we just need workers!

3. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Amen, Debby. Campus Crusade is an awesome group and I support them.

4. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

We have one and have used it a few times. My only concern with using items like this is that we get away from the Bible. It is God's Word that convicts, not a story from a cube. Though I am not saying it is wrong to use, I would just advise anyone who is using it to make sure that you open the Bible and show the individual what you have told him with the cube. Their salvation needs to be grounded on the Word of God, not a cube.

5. Rookiepastor

Rookiepastor New Member

Lorrie

I love using the cube.

Lorrie you are correct when you say that so many people have a "works" mentality concerning their salvation. Just keep on praying, keep on knocking on doors and sharing the truth.

BTW never argue with a lost person... just let them know what you believe, show them in the Word and pray and let the Holy Spirit work.

God Bless

Fred

6. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I agree that a cube cannot save a person. But many people learn better visually. You use more of your sense with the cube. But I KNOW it is the Holy Spirit that will convict their hearts. We do use scripture and give them a Bible and some information as well as inviting them to church, even coming to pick them up if they wish.

Fred, you are SO right. We did not argue with them. That would really turn them off. But they are in my prayer journal and my heart HURTS for them. The devil sure did a good job by blinding us to how simple and beautiful the saving grace of Jesus is!

My husband is in Iraq until next November. I am sending him a cube. He says that there are people from ALL over the world there. What a mission field it is there.

7. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

I think that is wonderful Lorrie. I like the cube, I just make sure that I then show them in Scripture so they know that what I told them is from the Bible.

8. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The missionary I spoke of uses these with children and adults, many of whom can't read. And she makes the kids memorize the verses that go with the pictures in order to earn one.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We had one for AWANA but the one time I used it, the kids all wanted to see if THEY could do it right.