1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelism and Age

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rolfe, Feb 6, 2015.

?

Age at Conversion?

Poll closed May 17, 2015.
  1. Child

78.6%
  2. Adult

21.4%
  1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is another thread about child evangelism currently running. I thought that it might be better to ask this question in a separate one.

How many here came to Christ as children? How many came as adults?

2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I came when it pleased God to reveal his Son in me at the age of 23. I went to the old fashion altar at a freewill Baptist church when I was 15 but did not understand anything about salvation. They tried their best to talk me up to make a confession but my mother once told me, you will know when the Lord saves you and so that night I would not confess to the head hunters to something I did not have.

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I will acknowledge that it seems to be rare that a child is saved I was saved when I was about 5 years old. I remember hearing the Gospel and then my mom talking to me about it and that night as I was praying to God such peace and assurance came over me. I never back slid or had to rededicate my life or anything like that, that so often happens yo children who make young professions of faith so I believe that God does save some people at a young age and they should not be over looked.

4. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I was saved at ten years old. It was during VBS at my church. As my Mom started driving us home, I felt conviction come over me. I had sat under the preached word my whole life. We went back to the church, but everyone was gone. We went to my grandfather's house; he being a Baptist preacher; and I knelt down in the floor. I prayed, and during my prayer the Lord revealed to me that I was saved. That was 23 years ago. I can still recall it like it was yesterday.

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was saved at the age of 5 in a good news club. God granted me faith and repentance and so I responded to the call and placed my faith in Christ. Children ministry is very important, however not more important than witnessing the adults as shown in the life of Christ.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In my family:

Me: 7
    Husband: 15
    Daughter 1: 4
    Daughter 2: 4
    Son: 5
    Daughter 3: 5

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I professed faith in Christ at the age of 11 at Immanuel Baptist Church in Wiesbaden Germany. Pastor Glen shared his faith and counseled me and the following Pastor Phil Roberts baptized me. I responded to the grace, mercy and message of the gospel that God offers to all of humanity.l

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    post deleted - question I asked has already been answered

#8 Salty, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015