1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by daffney, Oct 29, 2002.

1. daffney

daffney New Member

What is your response to those who try to liken Joshua and the children of Israel (when they came into Canaan) - to Mohammed and his bloody reign of terror?
    Opponents of christianity have often accused Moses and Joshua as being no different than Mohammed and later Muslims (in the crusades). Both religions did it in the name of their God.
    Just curious if anyone else has run into this and what is or would be the response.
    (Btw, keep up the good work where you are at and pray for a missionary today)

2. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Joshua was leading the Children of Israel, a nation - a "geo-political" kingdom, if you will - against other nations/states.

Christianity is "spiritual." As Jesus told Pilate, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, my followers would rise up and fight" (loose quotation there).

Rev. G