1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

evidence that homosexuality is a birth defect?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I've been following this discussion for over two decades now and have come to a couple of conclusions:

(1) The homosexual crowd actually prefers their chosen lifestyle for the most part. If they did not, they could change, and some do.

(2) The homosexual group has promulgated their lifestyle in document form with a manifesto where they laid out a few intents that we are now seeing played out: Cause the public to change their perception of the gay lifestyle from revulsion to seeing gays as victims; Make the gay lifestyle a "mainstream" culture by television programs, attention in the arts world, and print media exposure; Teach about an "acceptable alternative lifestyle" through K-6 sex education; and advance the cause at every turn, never turning back and never admitting defeat. This manifesto has been radically successful since I saw it in print over 20 years ago. We went from the shock of "Ellen" to "meh, whatever..."

(3) About the time that it became apparent that genetics might play a role, the homosexual community raised up against a genetic cure, which speaks volumes about their desire to continue in their depravity. They insist that it is not a "lifestyle" (indeed, I have been "coached" by a diverse corporation about my use of the term "lifestyle." It is not allowed in PC speech at work) but rather a birthright.

(4) Some religious and denominational entities have played into the hands of the homosexual community by taking up the gay point of view on biblical issues, putting forth the "love" of God for any lifestyle over and above the very clear teachings of Scripture on the subject (and I do not see where God has changed His mind in the progression of the Revelation). We now have a battleground within the church (universal) over homosexual leadership and other issues.

Where do we go with all of this? First, I believe that homosexuality is a sin, just like all the other sins against God, and with that being said, sins can be forgiven and repentance can happen. the lifestyle is a sin for several reasons: it is promiscuous, it is man on man or woman on woman, it is not marriage (God ordained before the fall into sin!), and it is a perversion of the natural order, violating one of God's initial (and never rescinded)commands, "Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth."

I wish this sin was not with us, but alas, it is, so we need to figure out how to love the sinner and share life with them while at the same time rejecting the sin that they commit. So far, I am getting a lot of practice with neighbors... We have come a long way in our relationship and they see Christ in me. To God's glory, may that continue until the time when they themselves see Christ!

2. targus

targus New Member

The genetic link to homosexuality is especially threatening to the liberals.

The very group that is demanding special rights for gays and push for every possible abortion... would throw a fit if someone suggested they were in favor of an abortion so as not to have a gay child.

See how quickly supposed abortion rights would get thrown overboard in that scenario!!

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not say it was normal. Note I likened it to mental retardation. Thats not normal either. Or dwarfism. Nothing wrong with being mentally retarded or sexually retarted(homosexual preference) but in both cases if both act against Gods law they've both sinned. Just like men and women who have, how should I put this, great sexual appetites (more than usual) is not normal either but if both act contrary to God's law it becomes sin. A disability is not an excuse for sin.

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nothing wrong with commeradery! Male bonding is good for the soul. I love my family, my wife and kids. But there are days I'd rather bar-b-que, have a pint and watch a game with the guys!

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, God did not make them that way.
    They are that way because we all are fallen creatures and do not have the perfection which Adam lost in his fall.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because it IS sin, a missing the mark, not in accordance with God's design and intent for the male.
    It is a birth defect rooted in sin.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your very excellent Christ Model! Beautiful.

8. Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett New Member

Personally, this isn't something that requires very much debate on our part as Christians. Flatly put, we as Christians know God is clear in His Word participating in homosexual acts is sin, just like lying, stealing, cheating, etc. etc., as it says in 1 Cor. I believe? Anyway, our job as Christians isn't to debate and attempt to convince homosexuals and the world that this behavior is sin. Our job as Christians is to show these folks on a personal level that Jesus loves them IMMENSELY, lust like He loves us, and desires to free them of their addiction to this sin through a robust, real, everlasting, and personal relationship with Him.

A previous poster on this thread called homosexuals "freaks of nature." Well now, that will enable the holy spirit's work, won't it. Geez. What's loving about that kind of attitude? Jesus didn't call the sinner on the cross a freak, didn't tell him "I told you so." He didn't call the adulterous woman at the well a freak. We as Christians should look to Jesus example more in how he dealt with people on a personal level. He showed love and compassion to them, even amidst their sin.

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

By calling homosexuality a "birth defect", that's the same as saying it's not normal in my opinion. Of course, it isn't.

10. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I'd say that the very nature of the sin involved will leave some "scars" that will be difficult to hide later. Such is the nature of sexual sin. We see the same in cases of divorce, child abuse, etc., where the sinful actions, though halted continue with a scarred individual who may or may not later be fit for leadership in the church.

That, however, does not preclude love, membership, fellowship, ministry opportunities, etc.

In the case of my neighbors, our original meeting came to an abrupt halt once the "pastor" sticker on my car windshield was noticed. We were rather ostracized in the neighborhood for a time, but over the course of 3 years, we've restored all that and are now a vital part of our neighborhood life. We're invited to the parties, the kid's birthdays, know all the people on our block on a first name basis, and walk into each others homes like friends.

What turned the tide for us was community involvement. It started when I brought home a leaf-vacuum truck (our neighborhood is heavily populated with large maple trees and in the fall it gets deep!) for my own yard. Several of the neighbors were watching my wife and I work as we blew and cleaned up our huge pile of leaves. We didn't stop, but rather, went right across the street and started on the next home -- yup. :thumbs: They came out and helped and we just started talking while we worked. We all went to the next home, and so it went until we cleared the entire street. The whole neighborhood was out and it was great. We finished the day with a cook-out together -- it was just a nice day to be outside. Since, we've continued...

We later had the remnants of Hurricane Ike pass over our area, and it dumped huge trees everywhere. The city looked like a bombing zone. I'm good with a chainsaw and have a decent model that I bought for doing disaster relief in the Gulf area, so I went to work, cutting out the neighborhood. Again, lots of neighborhood involvement, and this time, with the power out widely, we hosted a great number of people at our place because we were still on.

We did the same again during the ice storm that followed in the winter...

Today, after 3 years, we swim in their pool, sit around a campfire and talk, and sort of live life together as good neighbors should. It is no secret that the girls are lesbian, and we talk about it from time-to-time. I'm as curious about their worldview as they are (now!) about my own, and we have some interesting conversations. And, yes... The gospel is part of that. In God's timing! :jesus:

11. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

New article on the subject:

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-adrenal-20100815,0,5576220.story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.