1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ex-Democrat Elbert Guillory: African-Americans overlook Obama policies because black

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: A Democrat turned Republican blasting liberalism. Why is Louisiana State Senator Elbert Guillory changing his tune and trying to get black conservatives elected? Senator Guillory joins us. Good evening, sir.

STATE SEN. ELBERT GUILLORY, R-LA.: Good evening. How are you?

VAN SUSTEREN: Very well. So what was the big impact on you politically? Why did you suddenly think that black — that conservatism was better for African-Americans?

GUILLORY: Well, values. I believe that black Americans are much more inclined toward values than their voting records with the Democrat Party would indicate. So we are trying to get the message out to black communities and to the community at hold — at whole about these values.

VAN SUSTEREN: You also — there’s one part where you’re quoted when you’re talking about — about those particular values, you say, “But somehow, the Democratic Party has created the illusion that their agenda is what’s best for black people, and we intend to shine the light of truth on that falsehood.”

How is the Democratic Party, in your opinion, able to do that?

GUILLORY: I think it’s a combination of things. The Republican Party from its outset, from it conception, was the party of freedom and of equality. And that was true even into the 1950s. That was true in the 1960s. They’ve been our good, good friends.

I think that they sat back and let Democrats start to project us, to portray us as something that we are absolutely not. And that is a lie. We have, unfortunately, stood by and permitted them to do that. We haven’t told the truth about our long-time history of Civil Rights warriorhood. So we’re going to tell the truth about our history and we’re going to tell the truth about our present.

VAN SUSTEREN: Has President Obama been an inspiration to the African- American community?

GUILLORY: No. Not an inspiration. I think that he has been, unfortunately, an icon. His policies have been overlooked. They are not analyzed, they are not criticized because of the color of his skin. That is unfortunate — an unfortunate fact of black America.

We are going to discuss and dissect those policies. And we’re going into the black community and take the message that these are policies that are terrible for us.

http://youngcons.com/ex-democrat-el...cans-overlook-his-policies-because-hes-black/