1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ex-pedophiliacs teach children's Sunday School?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Don, May 24, 2003.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No, but many people mistake forgiveness with forgetfulness.
    Man still has a responsibility on earth for his sins. God forgives the person's sins in heaven, Jesus paid the debt. That person will still owe restitution to people/society here on earth.

Yes, degrees of sin matter. Someone who stole a loaf of bread to feed his kid isn't punished the same as a bank robber doing it to get money for drugs would be.

Sin has it's consequences here on earth and even God's forgiveness doesn't stop the consequences of sin here on earth.

And divorce and child molesting are in no way comparable. What does God say about offending children?

Gina

2. Mitsy

Mitsy New Member

I don't need any scripture to back up my feelings on this issue. Studies have shown that most pedophiles CANNOT be rehabilitated. I'm totally for mandatory castration of sex offenders (perhaps that would make some of them re-think their actions beforehand). And I agree with another poster about hiring an ex-druggie to work in a pharmacy. Same as for a shoplifter wanting to work in a retail store. There are certain consequences in life for people who break laws (moral and legals ones). Society doesn't OWE them anything as far as I'm concerned. Jesus can forgive them, but that doesn't mean that they are entitled to a job, to an unpaid church position, or anything else in life.