1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Excel question

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by mcdirector, Feb 27, 2010.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I scoured the Internet and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for, so I’m holding my hat in my hand and asking for help.

I have a spreadsheet set up for each of my classes for assignments and grades. I have a key with a range of numbers that corresponds to a letter grade. What I’d like to do is add a column that automatically connects the numerical grade for each student with the key and inserts the letter grade automatically.

I’m thinking it will take some kind of if . . . then statements, but not sure where to start.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Bitsy, check our PMs. I built a sample spreadsheet you can download at a link I sent you. The key to your problem is vlookup. The lookup values in the table must always be kept in ascending order. Look at the formulae in the sheet and let me know if you have other questions.

#2 Magnetic Poles, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2010
  3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Thank you! Thank you :D