1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Excited about this book because...

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Marcia, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am pretty excited about this book because my story is in it. It was just published by Zondervan.

It's called The Unexpected Journey and is by Thom Rainer, Founding Dean of the Billy Graham School of Evangelism at SBTS in Louisville.

The book contains the stories of 12 people who came to Christ out of atheism, agnosticism, Hinduism, Buddhism, witchcraft, Islam, New Age, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, and a few others.

My story is chapter 10, the New Age story. Dr. Rainer interviewed everyone (for me, it was last November) and then wrote it up.

This would be good to post in the missions forum as well because it's encouraging to see how the Lord worked in these people's lives.

I wasn't sure where to post this but thought it should go somewhere since Dr. Rainer is at a Baptist seminary and this is the Baptist Board.

This is not much of a discussion starter, I realize [​IMG] , but just wanted to post it somewhere.

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Marcia,

Thank you for sharing with us. It must be so exciting for you having your story in print. I am sure it will be a blessing to a lot of people. I will look out for the book.

God Bless

followinghim

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks, followinghim! [​IMG]

4. Brice

Brice New Member

I hope it becomes a blessing to many people (as I'm sure it will) and I'm sure it will be interesting to read your own story in a book. [​IMG]