1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Exodus 2:4

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Southernpatriot, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Southernpatriot

Southernpatriot New Member

Ok, first of all I hope this is on the right forum. Second, can anyone offer cross reference as to when Moses sister was born? I dont see any previous mention of her. But yet as the verse says she was there. Can anyone please clarify?

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

The scripture doesn't state when his sister was born because it was not necessary to do so (just as it doesn't state when Aaron was born either or his mother and father and so on and so forth...)

She was there and therefore his older sister.

What are you actually looking for?
    Or
    What is it you are trying to figure out?

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

all we know is she was older than Moses, and old enough to be sent on her own to watch baby Moses on the river and then go get their mother for the Egyptian princess.

The Bible often references the existence of people without recording their actual birth.

4. Southernpatriot

Southernpatriot New Member

I was trying to figure out if her birth was recorded in another place in the OT. I expected her birth to be mentioned,since it mentioned Moses parents . I have much to learn about the Bible.

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

We all do and is why it is good to ask questions.

By The Way -
    Welcome to the BB!

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Southern, that's true....we all have lots more to learn! Its always good to ask questions!