1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Experienced any Supernatural Encounters with God?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by ROBERTGUWAPO, Jan 17, 2005.

1. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Dear Donna, Blackbird, C4K:

Again, we are talking about "Supernatural" here. I get you, but perhaps you don't get me.

What you're saying is this: You see a chicken. It is made of flesh, bone, and tissue. It flies. It is God's creation: It is a miracle.

What I'm saying is this: I climb Mt. Everest. I reach the top. I see a chicken laying eggs at the summit. Then it says, "Hey, I was here first!"

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure although I have come through things then looking back wondered why things turned out favorable when they probably shouldn't have, ie. driving on icy roads here in MO.

I heard an interesting account by a Baptist missionary. He says that God gave him the ability to walk across hot coals in order to break the binds a voodoo priest had over a village he was ministering to. Yes he was a Baptist- BJU type if I am not mistaken.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

During a very intense time of my life, I felt a hand caress my head during my prayer time. A complete feeling of peace came over me. I think that was a supernatural encounter with my heavenly Father.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, my pastor's continued survival might well qualify as miraculous.

He has survived leukemia for the past 3 years without being in remission... and after having been given 6 weeks to live. His kind of leukemia is medically untreatable. As far as I know, his only medication is for symptoms.

5. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

Every breath you take is supernatural, and that is for everyone who breathes! So let everything that hath breath, PRAISE YE THE LORD!!

6. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

March 2001.

I could not pee the whole day and I was in terrible pain. I rushed to the hospital and had an ultrasound examination. The doctors told me that I had kidney stones and they had to remove them. However, they were debating whether to use special drugs or to use the scalpel. They told me to go home and return early morning for an operation.

My wife and I prayed that night that God would heal me. I told my wife, "Why do we Baptists pray for comfort and that God would give doctors the skill and wisdom to operate on me? Why not pray a 700 Club-type prayer of faith for healing?"

So, that is what we did.

I went back early morning for a second ultrasound examination. The same doctor could not find any trace of what he saw the day before.
    He told me to drink lots of water so that the stones would show.

I followed his advise. Went back after fifteen minutes. Still that doctor was dumbfounded because he could not find any.

I was dismissed, went straight home, gave glory to God!

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Pretty much every day. Most people do. Lots of people choose not to see them, though.

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is it that I can believe in God with absolute faith as I do? Just happens, God planted it in me, I cant explain it any more than that!