1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Extra-Biblical Traditions

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Optional, Jan 13, 2002.

1. David Cooke Jr

David Cooke Jr New Member

grape juice instead of wine for the "lord's supper"/communion.

2. Kathy

Kathy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cskokido:

I may be reading this wrong, Kathy, but I don't think anyone is saying this is wrong as much as they are saying it should not be a measuring device as to how spirtual you are. In other words, one should not say if you don't go to Wed. night service, you are not spiritual.
    As far as the "forsake not the assembling", does this mean that you should be at the church every time the doors are open? If so, the church where I use to attend was a rather large church, and had something going on EVERY night.
    :eek:

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Cskokido ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Then you should have been there EVERY night!!!!

*This is a joke *hehe*

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

3. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I see what you are saying Chris...I just got the impression that people thought midweek services were irrelevant. I personally (can't speak for anyone else) need that midweek gathering and message to get me thru the week until Sunday. Also, I can't talk for anyone else on this either, but me personally, I have the DESIRE to be with the brethren whenever I can, and if that means going to church Sun morn, Sun night, Tues Visitation, Wed eve Bible study and Sat morn prayer meeting, then I'm going to do my best to be there for it all. But like I said, I can only speak for myself...

Toodles!
    Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

4. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Amen Kathy - no problem there!

5. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cskokido:
    Will someone tell me why all of my post are double-posted? Am I doing something wrong?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may have an itchy trigger finger - make sure you click on "Reply" only once ;)