1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Mar 28, 2012.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to see this film. You HAVE to. I saw it last night and this morning, I am still contemplating it.

In a nutshell, it's about a young boy who loses his beloved father at 9-11. He spends about year and a half trying to find closure and the answer to "why".

Being a kid, he doesn't know that's what he is looking for, he just thinks he is looking for a particular object that this father left behind.

With the help of a boarder at his grandmother's house, a series of complete strangers who some also suffered a loss that day, and finally his mother, he comes to grips with reality and can face the truth without falling apart.

It's not a sappy movie. Don't expect unicorns and rainbows. But the emotional release the character finally gets to feel through the help of others is quite moving.

It's now in my top five favorite films of all time.

2. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

At your recommendation, it's now on my list of movies to see!! At the top. :)

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm telling ya, people, this is a great movie!!