1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fake Catholic Voters Guide Published

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 3, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I don't think that she understands the Catholic Church's approval and printing of their literature . . .

To be official (not fake) it has to have an imprimatur . . .

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying the Catholic Answers guide is fake?

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

No, I am asking how the new voters' guide is more fake than the Catholic Answers guide.

I've answered your question without any fuss or insults. Would you be so kind as to answer mine likewise? The question (there have been so many I feel I should be specific) is: do you think that this voter guide is more fake than the one Catholic Answers put out or not?

If you think the Catholic Answers guide is not fake at all and that this one is, then that, too, would count as "more fake" - there is no trick in the question as something counts as "more" than nothing. Even though getting a straight, simple answer has been tediously difficult, I'll ask a follow up: do you think the Catholic Answers guide is not fake?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The author of the article has made a strong case that the "guide" in question has departed significantly from official Catholic rulings concerning voting and abortion, directly contradicting it in some cases. It seems to be a deliberate attempt by liberal Catholics to corrupt the teachings of the Church.

"More fake" certainly is a strong implication that you believe the Catholic Answers guide is fake.

Why do you think so?

Does it depart from official Catholic rulings on the subject like the Catholic democrats guide does?

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I've answered your question without any fuss or insults. Would you be so kind as to answer mine likewise? Do you think that this voter guide is more fake than the one Catholic Answers put out or not?

So, do you think that this voter guide is more fake than the one Catholic Answers put out or not?

That implication was directly overriden where I specifically allowed for the possibility that Catholic Answers guide is not fake at all.

I haven't said that I do think so.
    Do you think it is or do you think it is not?

I don't know - do you?

I'm still trying to find out what your contention is in posting the article as OP.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It should be abundantly clear that I don't really have any problem with most of what the author says.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's what I had thought until you said, "It's not my contention. It is the contention of the author of the article..."

Yes, it seemed abundantly clear, but then you went and denied it. So until you say exactly what you agree with and exactly what you don't agree with, I can't go by what seems clear with you.

Since you are extraordinarily adverse to answering simple questions, this makes conversation with you extremely arduous, not to mention repetitious. So, is what seems abundantly clear correct: do you think that the new voter guide is more fake (as described above) than the one from Catholic Answers?

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is still not my contention. It's his and he has made a convincing case to back it up.

Do you disagree with his contention?

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I've answered several of your questions - please answer mine: do you think that the new voter guide is more fake (as described above) than the one from Catholic Answers?

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to the author of the article, the Catholic Answers guide is not fake at all, so it must follow that if the democrat voter guide is fake at all, it is more fake than the Catholic Answers guide.

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That still doesn't answer the question: do you think that the new voter guide is more fake (as described above) than the one from Catholic Answers?

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Daisy

I think that he has written that the Democrat version is a false representation of being a Catholic document. And the Catholic document is the real Church document.

At least that is what I understood.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

A fake voting document for an aspostate church. Makes sense to me.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've answered your question every way possible. You just don't like the answers. That they're not set up right for your planned response would be the only reason I can think of for you playing dumb for so long.

Do you think it is "more fake"?

You have repeatedly asked that question and it has been repeatedly answered, but you have never expressed your opinion on the subject. I find that odd. Are you playing some kind of game?

15. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

That's all Carpro ever does. It's futile to expect anything else.

Just wait and read his reply to my posting.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good post, Terry.:laugh:

Love your avatar.

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

GREAT POST TERRY!

You are just showing off today . . .

Wayne

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Except for saying yes or no.

The only response I have planned is, if you answer yes", "In what way?", hardly Machiavellian, but I have nothing "planned" if you respond "no" or "I don't know." I haven't "played dumb", I have asked for a simple answer to a simple question as to what you think.

It has been repeatedly answered without actually your ever saying whether or not you think it is "more fake". You have repeatedly answered only by quoting other people which, since you've already distanced yourself from them by stating that what you quoted was their contention and NOT yours, is pure weaselry.

You have never yet stated whether you think it is more fake or not. Evasions are not answers.

I've answered several of your questions while still waiting for your answer to that question; I will answer any of your questions AFTER you answer this one, if you have any. My game is now simply to get a straight answer from you: do you think that this voter guide is more fake than the one Catholic Answers put out or not?

19. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You noticed that, too? It may be futile - I'm testing that now.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not much of a test.

I also noticed that you didn't answer the question, either.

It's OK. The source article speaks for itself and is crystal clear on the subject. Your lack of understanding is no fault of the author.

I'll leave it at that.