1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Falling away

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

While watching the political news it is scary how churches who call themselves Christian warmly embrace those who carry the torch for those who want the right to murder their children in the womb.

Appallling and miseribly sad.

Is it even remotely possible for a genuine Christian to entertain the very thought of supporting abortion?

Men who pastor the very children of God openly casting their support behind these candidates who fight for abortion on demand. Out these same mouths spouts the cry for our country to protect and provide for our children. What hypocrisy!

Under the guise of the precious honor given by God to be called a Christian these people turn their backs on the most vunerable of God's precious creation, the children which God is forming in the wombs all around this country and this world.

Even to the point of refusing to condemn the barbarack act of pulling these little ones from the womb feet first kicking (not screaming, because they leave the head in so they cannot hear the child scream) while they pierce the little one's skull and remove his or her's brains killing them.

Preachers, Pastors, Christians with such an apathy veiling over their hearts that they hardly twitch at the thougt of these children being murdered in such a horrific death.

But they rather want their bellies filled, their pocket books taken care of. Give me, give me, give me. Doesn't matter to me that those children are being tortured to death, I just want my health care provided for and I want my SSI gauranteed. I want, I want, I want.

And this from Christians. Willing to yoke themselves together with the very works of darkness. Kind of a pack with the devil, trading another's life (not your own of course) for a "better" life.

Tell me something Christian, is your life so terrible that you would place the lives of little children anywhere less than first priority? Are you feeling the level of pain that these little children feel?

God tells us that He will care for all our needs. That would be true whether or not their is a republican, democrat, independant or dictator in office.

God says don't worry about your needs, He knows them and will supply them. God also says love thy neighbor and those little ones are your neighbors.

Face it. Putting personal wealth, health and comfort ahead of another's own life is anti-christ.

But who cares? Who will intercede for these little ones? Who will put the life of a little child before their own comforts?

Christians all over this country will be going to the polls and yoking up with the works of darkness. Why?

It is sad. It is sickening. It is appalling.

Father forgive them for they know not what they do. Or do they and just choose to step aside and walk on the other side of the street so they don't have to look at the dying children?

God help us! :praying:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, when it is a matter of what government policy should be in this matter. One can support the concept of the government staying out of the abortion issue(I don't, by the way) without supporting abortion.

Just because government policy allows abortion does not mean that a woman has to have an abortion.

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, government policy is not a Christians guide. It is the Bible. If the government policy goes against the bible then it is the Christians obligation to protest the policy, especially if the government so allows within a voting process.

God Bless! :thumbs:

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. These United States are not a theocracy and I have no desire to see them become one.

I think that your idea fits in better in a country like Iran than here.

#4 KenH, Jan 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The government has not stayed out. Staying out would mean non-support either way. All politicians have voiced "support" in one way or the other.

The governement says I cannot kill my two year old child. It is against the law. Why don't they just let me choose for myself if the child is causing me greif that I may kill him?

6. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Preach it Steaver! I am appalled that we have so many murderers running for office and so many churches supporting them. Watching the news today, with Bill Clinton the guest of honor at a church service to honor MLK Jr. and laughing as he nods off repeatedly in the service, I am reminded that many churches with a primarily minority population put racial policies first and overlook or even support pro-abortion candidates. And of course minority population churches aren't the only ones.

Ken, it sound like you are swayed by the "choice" argument, that women should be able to "choose what is right for them," including, if they believe it is right for them, the murder of their child through abortion. Perhaps you could clarify.

Abortion is always, in every situation, murder, and thus always a choice to kill the innocent child, and thus always wrong. No woman has the right to choose to murder her children and candidates who support the murder of children should not be supported.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This has nothing to do with theocracy. It is about a "Christian" having the right to vote and using that right in accordance with Christ or the works of darkness.

This country made abortion an issue in poitics. If both democrats and republicans would have bonded together to put down such a barbarac act we would not be discussing it today. Some choose to take the side of satan just for political power gain.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. I would like to see all abortions outlawed. However, I am not going to question the salvation of those who take a different view of government policy on this issue.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do we understand just what this Supreme Court vote allowed in RoevWade?

It gave a woman the right to murder her child.

This vote was not a 9-0 knock out. It was 5-4. Four justices got it biblically and constitutionally right and voted no murder. The right to life is constitutional and the only thing this decision done was cut out the most vunerable children, the ones who could not scream, and took their right away.

But this thread is not about the constitutionality of abortion one way or the other. It is not about putting in place a theocracy. It is solely about Christian bahavior.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is not a cut-and-dried position concerning government policy on this issue that a Christian is obligated to support.

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have yet to read in the Bible where Paul, Peter, John, and the other apostles actively protested the policy of the Roman government under which they lived to stop gladiator combats and circuses where they fed the condemned, sometimes including children, to wild beasts.

Don't get me wrong.

I am not pro-abortion.

But remember that government is not a Christian institution, nor does it have a Christian personality.
    Its policy is not geared to be Christ-centered, and will not always be to our liking.
    What we can do is pray, and work whenever we can to educate people about Christian concepts, and remember that this is a fallen world, and we are simply passing through.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Christians have no business supporting candidates who do support it.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every Christian has the right to support a candidate whose governmental policies he/she agrees with, regardless of what right-wing Christians think. Right-wing Christians don't get to tell other Christians(with any authority whatsoever) which governmental policies they have to support to be in good standing with Jesus.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible does.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it does not.

Furthermore, to the audience at large, it is folks like Revmitchell and steaver who, if they don't advocate a theocracy are right next door to it, have pretty much driven me away from the Republican Party and conservatism. I have to desire to be in political league with folks like Revmitchell and steaver.

Good evening to you all.

#15 KenH, Jan 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conservatives are not driven a way from conservatism. And standing on biblical principles (of which this country was founded on) is far from a theocracy.

17. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

:applause: Very well said, Ken. Kudos! :applause:

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If given the opportunity to cast a vote for a person running for governer, would Paul, Peter, John or any of the other apostles cast that vote for a pro-murder candidate?

It is not a Christian institution, nor have I ever said it should be. Clearly it does not at the present have a Christian personality, it once did, when formed. If it were to be run by predominately Christian men and women then it would once again have a Christian personality.

The constitution is geared to be God centered and Christian bible centered. It remains this way today. Unfortunately, Christians are being voted into office less and less and will one day have no voice left when ammendment changes are voted on away from God-centeredness.

Amen to that brother! And I am doing just that by preaching in the OP. I have shown my wayward brothers and sisters clearly from scripture many times why a vote for a pro-murder candidate is a sin and anti-christ. Sadly, most still choose to ignore God's word on the matter.

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen brother! We all have free will to do what is right and what is wrong.

It only takes a bit of prayer and study of God's word to descern which governmental policies are pro-Christ and which are not. Then it is the believers obligation to do the right thing and if they don't they will answer at the judgment.

Preachers, teachers and pastors are given by God to feed the flock and teach them right from wrong according to God's Word. If they reject the guidence it is to their own destruction.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Either I do advocate theocracy or I don't. I wonder why you have such a destain for a Christ-centered government when you know that when Jesus comes He is going to set up this very thing. Do you think Jesus is going to allow abortion to go unpunished in His government? Do you think if asked He will tell the woman to go ahead and kill the child if you want, it's your choice and it's ok if you kill the child?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.