1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

false Teachers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by th1bill, May 22, 2011.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt. 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. 16 By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit. 18 A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.

Recently, I have run into several false prophets that are attempting to teach on Christian Forum Sites. These teachers run the range from there are Seven Raptures in the Gospel through Christ paid for nobodies sins. These men are of no danger to an old Hog Headed Christian like myself and yet they scare me to no end.

The World, Internet included, is filled with children and gullible adults that will latch onto false teachers so quickly and they hold so tightly that they will drink Poisoned Kool-Aide and help the teacher set fire to the building they are in. On a less dangerous level there is one false teacher that is living in a house that was paid for by the poor of the world and, this being known, he is still, perhaps, the most successful fund raiser in the Christian World. Some will hear nothing that we have to say (the reason many do not speak) and others are so hungry for the knowledge of Spiritual matters that they discard all wisdom and just hear.

I can point you to many scriptures that “command” us to go forth, preaching the Gospel but all I'm using today is the last three verses of the Gospel of Matthew. The Church, that is you and I, is commanded to go forth, by Jesus, to make converts and disciples and yet we just sit there going to church 52 times a year thinking we have done our duty. We leave the church on Sunday and live like Hell, Sunday Afternoon through Sunday Morning.

Some seek to justify their actions with, “I must live in the World to feed my family!” Others will retort. “I am so busy that I don't have he time to go on a Mission Trip!” I've known these and other conditions in the past 21 years as I have walked with my LORD. But, in the USA, at least, we get two fifteen minute Coffee breaks and at least a half an hour Lunch Break, so what do you talk about? What is the passion of your life?