1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fantasy Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by kturner25, Jan 13, 2008.

1. kturner25

kturner25 New Member

Anyone interested in Fantasy Baseball? It may sound early, but the season starts in just 78 days, and sometimes it takes some time to get enough people interested in playing.

I like the CBS Sportsline leagues, with a head-to-head points format. Best of all...it's free (except for the time you spend). I could set up a live or auto draft depending on the interest and availablity of managers.

Please reply to this thread if you're interested.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I think we typically use Yahoo. I'll check the CBS site out. I do like the idea of head-to-head play this year.

3. kturner25

kturner25 New Member

I've used Yahoo, CBS Sportsline and ESPN for Fantasy Baseball and for Fantasy Football too. I prefer CBS Sportsline over Yahoo because you get better player updates and real time scoring is free where with Yahoo you have to pay extra for Stat Tracker. Also, with CBS Sportsline in an auto draft you draft by position versus from a prioritized list of players in Yahoo. I was in a Yahoo league last year with an auto draft and ended up with 7 relief pitchers and one starter.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm always interested in fantasy baseball. I like Yahoo the best, but I'll play on any site. You can do head-to-head at Yahoo also, which I think is the best way to go.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Also, I think life drafts are the best, if only because we can crack on each other's picks. :smilewinkgrin:

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I have done cbssportsline leagues and I do not care for them at all. I would prefer yahoo. I also enjoy the live drafts and head to head leagues too.

#6 PastorSBC1303, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Head to head is best. I think Sporting News does fantasy baseball as well.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I plan on starting a head to head in Yahoo...or giving someone the thumbs up to do it when the time comes. Consistency is a good thing, and we've consistently done the Yahoo thing.

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I will play as long as you can give me the entire Detroit Tigers roster as my team. ;)

Seriously, I don't think I can play - not enough time, since all my available sports leisure time will be spent following the Detroit Tigers to their World Series Championship. :)

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

You canĀ“t have them because I want them.

Catch a game or two down at Comerica for me Andy. Boy I sure do miss baseball.:tear:

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

hey, I'm working full time, doing a full-time MBA, a minister, and expecting (FINALLY) a child...and I'm going to play. You can find the time too. I'm not letting my busy schedule trying to figure out the Reds' pitching rotation/bullpen order keep me from playing :smilewinkgrin: You need to be in on this, Andy

12. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

I'll play and I want the Reds too.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I get the Reds because I want to go down with my boys :laugh: You can have the pitchers and I'll take the position players ;)

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You mean you actually want Ryan Freel? :smilewinkgrin:

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Save for his injuries last year, heck yes. Great passion, excellent speed, and very good glove. Narron couldn't figure out where to put him, and the Reds suffer from a glut of great OFs. He's always mentioned in trade talks as many other teams want him. We should've dealt him for P prior to his injuries. We could've gotten more value for Hamilton had he not been so plagued.

Freel is old school. Gotta love that. I dare you to pick a day where his uniform isn't filthy. Acts like he's playing college football. What's not to love about that!

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Nothing wrong with Freel from that perspective. But, I thought we were talking about fantasy baseball. I don't think there's a fantasy baseball category for number of times a player gets his uniform dirty. :)

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Nah....I've tried to add one :)

Actually, Freel served me well in '05 I think. He had a good number of SBs. Wasn't a bad sub in '06 either.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I had only looked up his stats from '07 when I said that. It's certainly possible that '07 was a down year for him.

19. TomVols

TomVols New Member

It was. He was hurt a bit. He also had to share time with Hamilton and Hopper in CF, and with Junior exclusively in RF now, Freel was the odd man out. Hamilton was very hot in April thru June (Got rookie of the month in the NL once) and had to survive Narron's schemes.

From '04 - '06, he stole 37, 36, and 37 bases respectively. Hit at least .270 each of those years. 30 doubles in 2006. 363 hits in that span. Last year though, he hit just .245 in 75 games with 277 AB. With the emergence of Jay Bruce, AAA's minor leaguer of the year, I don't see Freel getting time. I can see Freel getting traded to be honest, but he's very popular in Cincy due to his blue collar work ethic. I still say Ryan should have been traded in 2006 when the Reds were in the race until the last week of the season and the Reds needed bullpen help.

20. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Hamilton was very good for my fantasy team in '07 before he cooled off.

I actually see Hamilton and/or Votto traded before I see Freel traded, simply because Dusty seems to prefer playing veterans over young players.