1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FBI: Saddam Feared Iran More Than U.S.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1908322,00.html

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Perhaps because of this history of the US not really doing anything. He didn't have any reason to fear us. He could shoot at our planes without fear of reprisal because of weak leadership in that area. If he did something and we didn't like it (like invade Kuwait) we would just push him back to where he was before. There were no punitive measures taken.

Turns out his misjudged badly and it cost him big time.

He should have known that if he complied with the UN, and was attacked by Iran, the world would have come to his defense just like they did to Kuwait's defense.

Just bad thinking on his part.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is rather old news that I heard some time ago. However, and let me be very clear on this, I don't care who or what Saddam feared or did not fear. Why? Because I know several things.

1. He did not fear God or the wrath of God.
    2. He did not love his fellow man.
    3. He died without Christ and is now in torment cursing the day he was born.
    You know, I had mixed feelings about the War in Iraq when it was first launched. Over the years since I went back on forth on whether or not I thought the war was necessary or not. However I have come to the conclusion, over the past year or so, that it was not necessary. Saddam was less a threat to our national security than Iran or North Korea is today. Do I blame President George W. Bush? Not really. I think he really believed it was a necessary war. However I do think that some of his advisors had motives that he nor the American people really understood.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that's not quite true. We took out a number of his radar stations. When they turned on their radar to track one of our military aircraft we took it out with radar tracking missiles. They discovered this fairly quickly and were afraid to turn on their radar tracking stations. I believe that Aviation Week and Space Technology had articles on this subject.

We also took out a number of his aircraft.

True, he made a number of miscalculations. Of course he probably did not believe we would violate our long held doctrine of pre-emptive war.

Yep. As I said above, he made a number of mistakes.

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well said.:thumbsup: