1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fight FOCA Petition

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 16, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's not allowing me to sign it...

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

And Enoch walked with God! Isn't that Biblical or did I make my first mistake?:laugh:

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread in some respects is an excellent example of why we pro-life folks have accomplished very little since Roe v. Wade was decided. Too many pro-life folks won't work with anyone else on the subject who doesn't agree with them 100% on other issues such as voting and in how to go about working to reduce the number of abortions. Instead they attack anyone who is not just like them politically in every way.

If this is the way it is going to be in this forum, then I suggest that folks such as Bible-boy no longer call for the assistance of we Obama supporters in matters such as abortion if we are going to be attacked like the election was still going on. The election is over. It is time to get out of election mode and into specific policy promotion mode.

#23 KenH, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Why would anyone want to follow you? You are too erratic and squirrely when it comes to politics. In fact you make me very dizzy. From Ron Paul to Barak Hussein Obama now you wants us to follow you on this issue? I don't think so Ken, my stomach just can't take it.

Oh, BTB I have been at the fore front of this issue sense 1973.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not leading anything, Palatka51. I am trying to cooperate on an issue.

But that's fine. I have made a good faith effort to work with conservatives on the abortion issue. I have other things to do with my time than to continue to read and post in this forum where conservatives have no interest in being inclusive toward folks who agree with them on the abortion issue. Conservatives can have their own little echo chamber in this forum and talk among only themselves as far as I am concerned.

Bye.

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Ken is right on this issue. Thanks for standing with us against the Freedom of Choice Act. We need every voice we can get to stand against this proposed Act. If someone wants to continue the debate regarding whether or not it was right for Christians to support Obama in the first place please feel free to do so in another thread regarding that issue. However, we ought not be coming down on Obama supporters who are willing to stand with us on this issue in this thread. We ought to be :applause: their effort to help us.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

If you are against abortion, as you say, you should have no problem signing the petition.

I did not vote for Obama.

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Looks like you and Old Regular just cannot understand English.

I did not vote for Obama.

#28 dragonfly, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2008
  9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

A rather broad and false brush you use there.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I do not recall in my lifetime ever signing a petition that actually accomplished anything when it came to moral issues. They have all the force of a chain letter, IMHO. In this case it is kinda like locking the barn door after the horse is stolen.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Most likely but there is no harm in making your view known either before or after.