1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Filibuster and protestors prevent passage of Texas abortion bill

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Jun 26, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/26/texas-lawmaker-filibusters-against-abortion-bill/

Opponents of a strict abortion bill succeeded in killing the Texas measure after a chaotic day in the state capital, complete with a sprawling filibuster, noisy protests and a flurry of last-minute maneuvers by Republicans hoping to save the legislation.
    ---
    "My back hurts. I don't have a lot of words left," Davis said when it was over and she was showered with cheers by activist who stayed at the Capitol to see her. "It shows the determination and spirit of Texas women."

How typically liberal: Congratulating herself for helping to sustain murder.

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

It's Not Over....

The liberal, satanically-inspired liberals think they have had their way and their reactions are to be expected....but God will have His day and His way.
    The "silver lining" to the dark cloud of baby murder is that EVERY ONE OF THOSE CHILDREN is now "with the Lord". Satan...in his blind hatred of God overlooked the fact that the killing of the innocents also "punched their ticket" for Heaven. God has always been in the business of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. That said though......abortion has always and will continue to be MURDER...regardless of what the liberal hags screech about. We know who THEIR father is!

Bro.Greg:saint:

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know Wendy Davis personally.

Wendy Davis cares most about Wendy Davis.

If taking that position was not politically expedient for her, I doubt she would have taken her stand.

Texas Democrats specifically selected her for the filibuster because Wendy had a daughter as an unmarried teenager.

I wonder what her daughter thinks about her mother making a very public stand for the legal right for women to chose to end the life of viable fetuses*, based upon the fact that she was born.

*The bill forbade abortion after 20 weeks and the current age of viability of a fetus is around 24 weeks, but constant being pushed earlier by advances in healthcare.