1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Florida school district bans Bibles on Religious Freedom Day

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by ReformedBaptist, Jul 2, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

Right, Christians are above trespass laws. :rolleyes:

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

This conversation is going no where targus. It is now just ignorant bantering.

You follow Jesus Christ according to the dictates of your conscience, as will I. Just please don't cast the lot to have your brethren jailed for preaching Christ.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Careful, now.

Remember, there is Biblical precedent for civil disobedience. ("We ought to obey God rather than man," as well as, "We cannot help but speak...")

In addition, I think we should be careful about discounting the very thing that God may have called some of these people to do.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.

HankD

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Based on your posts in this thread, I fear you'd criticize this as well.

6. targus

targus New Member

Could you point to the specific post(s)?

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Maybe I'm misreading you...but you seem less than enthusiastic over the ministry performed by groups such as the one mentioned in the OP.

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Oh...... but we don't have to concern our selves that the end could be near.....

But....... in that time .......many will easily take offense.... brother will turn against brother, child against parent and parent against child... Christian against Christian.....???? No doubt!

Preach it RB! We either gather togather under the banner of Jesus and stand or we are scattered. If we aren't careful to pick our battles around the real issues which make a difference to true faith.... like the diety of Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection, his eternal existance before the creation of the earth, his physical return..... no salvation in any other name.... we will easily be broken over issues/diferences which, in final anaylsis, are barely of temporal importance... if at all.