1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Men Only...Question #5

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by DorthyMontine, Jun 8, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    83.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. Abstaining from comment

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think to see a beautiful woman and think how beautiful she is but to lust is an entirely different thing. To lust you have to entertain the thought of having that woman and desiring to have her. To dwell on thoughts of being with her. To look at her and think she is beautiful is not lust but a natural thought being God made us that way or we never would of been attracted to the opposite sex. I think a Christian has to be on guard not to lust but to put such thoughts out of your mind and move on.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Re: Response to Donna

Donna,

Did Jesus lie?

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Here one man causes or takes part in the sin of two others. Jesus seems to think that one can cause another to sin.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I can't either. I haven't seen anyone here say that, but if you will point me to the, I will ask them about it.

No, not at all. If you go back and read what I said, you will see that I have very clearly said that each person is responsible for their sin. I have also stated and given biblical support for the truth that other people are culpable for causing someone else to sin, or contributing to it.

I agree. You're preachign to the choir on that one.

If you have read what I have said, then you know that I don't accept someone blaming someone else for their sin.

Please deal with what I said, Donna. Don't make stuff up.

Yes, Jesus said that if you cause one of his little ones to stumble, you sholud be drowned with a millstone around your neck. That very clearly implicates the party that causes the stumbling. Jesus said that you tear apart the body of Chrsit when you cause someone else to stumble, you hinder the work of God, you destroy him for whom Christ died. Jesus said that if a man too hastily ordains another man, he shares in that man's sin. Another poster just mentioned Matt 19 where Jesus attributes the sin of adultery to the cause of another person.

So the principle I have stated has been stated and repeated many times in Scripture. And you still haven't answered it.

Which is fine if you don't want to. But don't make up stuff about what I said. I have been very clear that a person is responsible for their own sins.