1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Choice

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Apr 3, 2006.

1. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

Sorry about not replying earlier. I've been in and out today and hit or miss with the posts.

Like I said, this is something I just sort of considered when I read Bill's post. I have always had a little problem with the flow of verse 23 into 24 because "being justified freely by His grace" refers back to the all of verse 23. I have to look at it further.

I agree and that is my problem with the way I have always looked at verse 23 and now trying to fit it with verse 24. Limiting the "all" to the "all who believe" of verse 22 seems, on the surface, to work. He has already said before that everyone is under sin and guilty before God, so it doesn't effect that biblical view.

I can't argue much from technical aspects of Greek. I have only had 3 years as well and it has been 10 years since I studied it.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

JD, I said John "B" not John "P". You have calvinists, arminians, and then you have johnp-ians---none of the above :D

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member