1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured FREE WILL and PREDESTINATION

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Trying2DoRight, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

[​IMG]

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Case closed! Let the reader judge whose response has substance and which has not.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Romans 9 Paul is defending the right of God to work with, bear long with - have much patience with those that He foreknows will fail in the end.

Romans 9

22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? 23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

So then how is it that "enduring with much patience" in the case of those that God foreknows will fail in the end - is a way to "make known the riches of His Glory" to the saints?

What are the saints looking at in the case of the lost - that results in "the riches of God's Glory" being revealed when it is shown that God deals with the lost "with much patience"??

It works in the Arminian model - but not in the Calvinist model as the "Calvinist future scenario" demonstrates as compared to the "Arminian future scenario".

in Christ,

Bob

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

You believe if you keep repeating the same error, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, etc.... again that it makes you correct.

Many words do not make you correct, they just make people sick of reading your obsessively long posts.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Readers, I was willing to simply let the content of the past posts speak for themselves and I was willing to simply let it go.

Look, who is repeating himself????

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Exactly!

Actually I like your posts. They're Scripture based, accurate and do a great service for the cause of Christ unlike the scripture wrested posts of winman and other anti-cal and arminians of his ilk here on BB.

Keep and continue to guard the faith brother. :thumbs:

7. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

I also enjoy them!:thumbsup:

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Right, I am the guy who is so infatuated with himself that I quote myself repeatedly. :rolleyes:

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Darn, got me again with that Calvinist logic! [​IMG]How could I have overlooked this reasoning!

[​IMG]

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    reading the cartoon was more enjoyable than reading winmans post.at least the cartoon did not deny scripture.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother Benjamin, God can determine something coming to pass just by allowing it. The fall, Satan's rebellion both came to pass by allowing them to do it, and not by Him coercing them to do it. Adam's arm wasn't twisted, neither did He place evil within Satan which then would have caused him to rebell.

12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The subject is predestination of all men, their response, their inability to choose or do they have the free will to consciously make a decisions/respond. No one, at least I am not denying the fall of Adam, that is not even the subject here:

[​IMG] ......................[​IMG]

Either God determines a man's choice or He does not, If God pre-determined/predestined a man's nature to whether he will respond or not - same thing, that's why I showed you the simple logic fallacy to falling back on such a claim, got it?

FYI, I claim God maintains Providential Sovereign Control over all the world of His divinely designed volitional creatures, that is quite different than the Deterministic Sovereign Control that all 5 points of the TULIP must logically hinge on which Calvinist must depend on.

After I mentioned double-talk and trying to have it both ways on this issue (free will or predestination) you bring up the fall of Adam and say God determines things but deterministically? Really???

All men have the nature to volitionally respond or not.

If not, this [​IMG] is what you unavoidably have either way you'd like to play it.

#72 Benjamin, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  13. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Finally, an analysis of substance. Hit the proverbial nail on the head.

14. quantumfaith

"weather" ??????

15. quantumfaith

Water (H20) to me doesn't exist, so therefore it has no definition.

16. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

#76 Inspector Javert, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay no attention to the denier of Calvinism's doctrine. According to Calvinism, God predestines everything. Therefore the concept of "free agency" is a fiction. It does not matter how many intermediate causes the Calvinism deniers insert, if each and every one of them is predestined by God, then God and only God is responsible for the end point action. No matter how many tubes of lipstick you smear on that pig, including free agency pink, its still a looney tune.

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Biblical view is God causes or allows whatsoever comes to pass. But that is not, repeat not, the Calvinist view. Calvinism teaches God predestines whatsoever comes to pass. He either causes it directly or indirectly, He is the Calvinist God of compulsion. A fiction yes, but one no Calvinist can deny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.