1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Fuzzy math and other nonsense in the classroom ...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is political as much as it is anything else.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

I know there are mathematicians who have done work in the theory and have developed concepts that would appear to confirm it has valid usage. However, when applied to daily life, it is completely worthless. It denies absolute truth, therefore, as Revmitchell said, it is more political than anything else.

So what? Who defines it? Mathematicians. Of course they are going to validate their work.

Compare math scores from pre-1966 and today, and tell me whether knowing your multiplication tables is an advantage or not? You've been brainwashed by professional educators who don't want to teach, but reshape the world. You'll fit nicely in the world of the future.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rote memory is the ABSOLUTE BEST way to teach basic math.

2*2 will always equal 4. I will always do multiplication before addition, unless the addition operand is in parentheses.

Fuzzy logic is an extremely high-level concept that identifies that there are two basic states: on and off. 0 or 1. Yet, as identified by fuzzy logic (quantum mechanics) , there an almost infinite number of states in between.

Sorry, CTB--but most of us will have no dealings with those values.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.