1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FYI: Soros money/sojourners

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by exscentric, Aug 24, 2010.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sojourners' Jim Wallis Admits to Soros Funding
    Jim Wallis, president of the left-leaning religious group Sojourners, has acknowledged the group received funding from liberal billionaire George Soros. Soros, one of the leading billionaire leftists—he has financed groups promoting abortion, atheism, same-sex marriage, and gargantuan government—bankrolled Sojourners with a $200,000 grant in 2004. Sojourners received several more grants in the following years. Last month, World Magazine editor Marvin Olasky asked Wallis to admit his affiliations, but Wallis explicitly denied the funding to Patheos. Christianity Today reports that on Aug. 18, he amended his response and said, "I answered in the spirit of the accusation and did not recall the details of our funding over the decade in question." He claimed the funds "made up the tiniest fraction of Sojourners' funding during that decade -- so small that I hadn't remembered them."

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Wallis Apologizes to Olasky after Sojourners Funding Flap

"Sojourners founder Jim Wallis issued an apology on Wednesday to journalist Marvin Olasky, a month after he called Olasky a liar. After Olasky alleged that Sojourners received funding from George Soros's Open Society Institute (OSI), Wallis roundly denied it and said, "Glenn Beck lies for a living. I'm sad to see Marvin Olasky doing the same thing." On Wednesday, he said, "I was wrong, out of anger at the insinuation about the dependence on these foundations, I was wrong to imply that like Beck, Marvin lies for a living," Wallis said, according to Christianity Today. "Glenn Beck does lie for a living. Marvin Olasky doesn't lie for a living; that's not something I should say about a brother in Christ." Olasky, however, said he had not received the apology on Wednesday."