1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fyi

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Nov 25, 2006.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm starting a basic computer class for low income folks in the neighborhood. I put together a booklet for anyone that wants to do it on their own. I put it online in pdf files last night.

I thought some might have a creative idea of how they could use it in their own ministry, or not - just a thought.

Might be a start for a after school ministry or something. I recently found out that the schools here do excel and Word classes, but don't teach the kids anything about windows - the kids that told me want to take the class :)

http://www.mrdsnotes.com/computer.htm

If you are on dial-up click on a link and go get a cup of coffee since the files sizes are around a meg.

2. kubel

kubel New Member

This was true in our computer classes back when I was in high school- they placed almost no emphasis on Windows, teaching us only things like Office. I'm not sure why. Maybe they assumed everyone was familiar with it.

The first few points in your guide remind me of my parents. My mother is the type that is afraid to do anything- as if she's afraid she can physically damage something with a mouse and keyboard. And my father is the type that gets frustrated and gives up- but then a few minutes later hes back to craigslist looking up classic cars. I think fear of messing something up is common for a lot of beginners so it's nice you addressed that early on.

Anyway, good luck on your class- keep us posted.

3. preacher

preacher New Member

Thanks, just downloaded everything to a folder & will put it on Agees Computer. She has a hard time with some things but mabey this can help. I can teach Bible, but not too good at teaching puters!!

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I'll look forward to going over it later today! Thanks!

5. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love that you're doing this, exscentric! Definitely keep us updated on how your classes are going. :)

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was searching for tutorials online for Office products etc. and stumbled across the following.

http://www.uwec.edu/help/

Seems much more detailed than most I found and free is much better than 100 plus for the stuff advertized on tv!