1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gas Prices and Effect on Election

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I assume you mean demand is not up in the United States. But demand is up when you take in the entire world. The demand in China is growing rapidly and will continue to grow as they become more industrialized and as more Chinese buy and drive cars. The government in Beijing is pusing the sale of cars. Why? I have no idea. I think it is very short sighted on their part. Demand is also growing in India and in South America, especially Brazil.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Go to Dickinson, ND.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

The commodity price of gas is about the same world wide. Gas is cheap in the US because the gas taxes are very low.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "low" taxes on a gallon of gas in the U.S. are three times the profit that oil companies make on a gallon of gas.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    High Prices Will Hurt Obama This Way...

...those who will want to vote for him won't be able to afford to put gas in their tank to drive to the polling booths to vote. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I always that most of it was because US companies owned the oil companies.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RE:If the high gas prices persist, ibid: unemployment above 8%:

Because of the near-sightedness of "we the sheeple" come November GW Bush will be a faded memory, the administration harping "it's the Rebublicans fault not ours" will be perceived as a pass-the-buck excuse then President Obama will lose the election big-time.

However, we should probably expect an administrative/legislative/whatever miracle somewhere along the way before November where gas prices fall back to the $2.00-3.00 range (see we don't need the Republicans to do this for us); somehow unemployment will fall below 8% which will reverse the perception of said sheeple.
    Then "FOUR MORE YEARS (The new DEM mantra)".

The problem - the timing of the miracle(s).

But if all goes well (and it probably will) for them - "Welcome The New Boss, Same As The Old Boss" (I think that's how the lyrics go).

And the world will continue on it's march to "everyone doing their fair share".

HankD

#27 HankD, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012