1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Genesis 6

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by G.B.MAC., Sep 2, 2001.

1. G.B.MAC.

G.B.MAC. New Member

Can we get that scale calibrated by an independent source? Just a joke.
    God bless G.B.MAC :D ;) ;)

2. For His Name

For His Name New Member

OK I am not an independent source but I have a thought.
    God created man in our likeness. OUR .. speaking to the angels .. LIKENESS refers to image when used in the second tense elsewhere in the Bible.
    Eve was begiled by the serpent ... Satan.
    Who was Satan ... an angel ... THE angel (before his downfall) .. he guarded the Mercy Seat.
    Doesn't it follow if Satan could procreate with a human women the Fallen Angels might also have this ability? ...
    The union between the fallen angels and human women resulted in evil ... giants. Result? ... the flood.
    All of the verses have been listed. I will gladly relist them if you guys would like me to.

3. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Your analysis breaks down on the second line: "Our" refers to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, not angels. God did NOT create man in the image of angels. In the Bible, angels frightened the daylights out of people. Jesus did not.

As to angels pro-creating with women, where does it say that Satan procreated with Eve? That is an incredibly untenable statement. I have already sufficiently answered that. If you chose to differ, the best way is take the verses along with the comments and explain why you see it differently.

[ September 10, 2001: Message edited by: John Wells ]

4. For His Name

For His Name New Member

John, Thank you for responding to my post.

Please show me the scripture that states OUR means the Holy Trinity or please post your reasoning for drawing this conclusion.

Gen. 1:26 .. and God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: (image refers to likeness .. refers to outward form)
    Look at some of the times image is used in the Bible to support the definition.
    Col. 1:15 Who is the image of the Invisible God, .... (image ... likeness)
    Hebrew 1:3 Who being the brightness of his Glory and the express image of his person.
    Express in Greek .. charakter ... means the exact impression as a seal in wax.
    Rev. 3:14, Proverbs 8: 22-31, I Corinth. 11: 3-11 include some additional ref.

How was man made in the image .. direct likeness of the Holy Spirit?

Granted ... there are cases of angels appearing before people with the response being fear. But after the angels spoke .. there was peace. When the angel appeared before Lot in Gen. 19:1 ... there was no fear. Genesis 3:01 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made .. subtil- wise Hebrew arum .. same as.
    serpent in Hebrew is Nachash .. the shining one. II Corinth. 11 :3 .. as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility...
    verse 14 ... and no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. The transition between verses 3 through 14 is formed by refering to the subject of the verses.
    Is not the serpent Satan?
    Look at Gen. 3:6 and the women saw that the tree was good for food and that it was pleasant to the eyes and a tree to be desired to make one wise.
    good for food ... is translated Lust of the body
    pleasant to the eyes ... translated Lust of the eyes. Eve lusted after the fruit of the tree. Why would be afraid? Eve is innocent .. she does not know fear because she is sinless. She only feared after breaking the rules. She would not be afraid of a shining likeness in the Garden.
    Do you want me to believe Eve ate fruit from this tree?
    I realize I have trangressed from the original subject of this post but I wanted to answer the specific points in the last post. Hopefully, I was able to do that. Sometimes my answers float around out there .. Ha!

5. G.B.MAC.

G.B.MAC. New Member

Serpent seed: MATTHEW 13: 37-39
    Do I need to go to the Greek?
    Jesus was telling his disciples the answer to what this parable means,(The parable of the sower).Read the whole Chapter (13)
    Then Read Rev. 12:9 No reptile snake here.Just the old devil.
    Gen. 3:15. Roll it all up and you should get it. ;)

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Careful now GB. We might all learn something if you keep it up. ;)
    Gina

7. G.B.MAC.

G.B.MAC. New Member

Thank you Gina,
    It is not G.B. IT IS J.C. Jesus Christ. Jesus gives understanding. The bible is a love letter from our God, he loves us very much. To many times men like to hear their own words. They have lost their first love, the word. We all have plenty to learn. When we get in the word, in truth Jesus will give you all his wisdom. I try not to quote any other man or source. The K.J.V bible with the manuscripts are complete.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] G.B.MAC. (stay in the word)

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I agree totally sir. G-d has preserved his Scriptures for us. I use the KJV only.
    Gina

9. G.B.MAC.

G.B.MAC. New Member

Gina
    Do you have a Strong's concordance? It is the top of the line for the average God loving student. Also try to get a copy of the Companion bible. Its is also top of the line. E MAIL ME for more info.
    God bless you Gina
    G.B.MAC.

10. John Wells

John Wells New Member

FHN said, "Doesn't it follow if Satan could procreate with a human women"

Where did you get that? And where did you get "our image" referring to angels?

11. John Wells

John Wells New Member

In reference to Gen 1:26

1:26 Us … Our. The first clear indication of the triunity of God (cf. 3:22; 11:7). The very name of God, Elohim (1:1), is a plural form of El. man. The crowning point of creation, a living human, was made in God’s image to rule creation.
    John F. MacArthur, Jr., The MacArthur Study Bible, (Dallas: Word Publishing) 1997.

I believe Eve "took of it, and did eat." The scriptures say point blank that Eve ate the fruit. It really doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is what God's Word says.

[ September 10, 2001: Message edited by: John Wells ]

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

GB, no, I have a Cruden's concordance, which I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. Blech!
    I don't have a companion Bible either, but a friend of mine does. She actually "borrowed" it from a friend of hers. I was very tempted to "borrow" it from her likewise, but I shall refrain, lolol. :eek:
    Gina

13. For His Name

For His Name New Member

Finally, we agree ... you are so right John .. It doesn't matter what I believe .. what matters is the Fathers truth. Thank you for the response.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Folksies: check out the words literal and figurative in your dictionaries.
    Check out the thought process in which most of the Scriptures were written.
    Free your mind from how and what you've been told you MUST think.
    Gina

15. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Uh, Gina . . . you're sounding like a psychic hotline! :eek:

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't take the time to read the whole thread, so if this was said before, please ignore.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Angels have no claim to the title "Sons of God."

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Mr. Wells,
    Not trying to sound like the psychic hotline. ;)
    There's just seems to be a mentality of following what's been taught for the sake of following what's been taught. How dare anyone question whether something may possibly be false doctrine or not! Why shouldn't we ask? Because the handbook says it isn't so? I went to a Baptist church that said otherwise? Just because it's called Baptist doesn't mean the majority wins.
    Gina

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back for more discussion

19. G.B.MAC.

G.B.MAC. New Member

Dr. Bob
    Did you want to do some more work on Gen. 6 ?
    It is my favorite topic, the book of Genesis that is to say.
    We should try to do a good break down in the Hebrew. Then tie in the new testament.
    I will say I see "sons of God" used to refer to angels 9 times in the old testament.
    Check out the book of Job.
    G.B.MAC.

20. BWSmith

BWSmith New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G.B.MAC.:
    B.W.SMITH
    I want to hear it. I love this stuff. Thank God for the ability and freedom we have. I am sure of one thing, Jesus is our lord and we are his servents.We could be spending our time on much worst things.
    G.B.MAC.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Nephilim passage used to be part of the Adam and Eve account and constitutes the "missing" sexual act that is paralleled in both the "Epic of Gilgamesh" and "Enki and Ninhursag" but edited so that Adam partakes of the apple as well, rather than "partaking" of Eve. The Yahwist pluralized the account and moved it to correspond with the intensification of sin (and to serve as a chiastic parallel with the resumption of the seasons at the end of Gen 8).

Note the parallels:

1) Son of God = Adam (Gen 2)
    2) Daughter of Man = Eve (Gen 2)
    3) "the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful" = "When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye"
    4) "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years" = "for when you eat of it you will surely die"

Comments?

[ November 16, 2001: Message edited by: BWSmith ]